White large blotches on my Pink Tail Trigger, help?

tsnipe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
texas
I cannot seem to figure out what my Pink Tail Trigger has, I now have him/her (can't find anywhere on how to tell if boy or girl) in a quarantine tank by itself, it's feeding well....as always as it's a little piggy. It doesn't look like ick as the spots are large and not dotty, it doesn't look like fungus or bacteria of any fins, not cotton looking, nor is it a parasite, no worms, sooooo, what is it? Has anyone else experienced white large blotches on their fish? The only thing I can conclude is perhaps it's eating to much in a hurry as it gulped down the food in the large 215g tank and now that it's in the smaller tank I feed him one morsel at a time and he appears to chew it instead of gulp it down, I feed a variety of spectrum pellets, flakes, freezed dried shrimp, and different varieties of frozen food like mysid shrimp, brine, marine cruisin and formula greens, so it's not it's diet...except for the gulping. Since it has been in the small tank the spots are seemingly disappearing but still apparent if you look closer, I have been treating with a fungus/bacteria tablet and doing water changes every other day and will keep this up a couple of more weeks. All my other fish in the big tank look healthy and fine so whew <rubbing brow> I don't think they have anything. Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated.

tsnipe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
texas
Well my baby is fine now, back in his kingdom and looks great, no other fish showed signs of anything so I think he just had a minor fungus/bacteria infection on his skin that I must of caught early, what I did was kept him in a hospital tank for a week with some strong medicine at first then lighter doses of medicine towards the end of the week, I used the fungus/bacteria tablets, alternating them, and did daily water changes, he continued to eat good and when he looked healthy and perfect again I put him back in the main tank. Thank goodness it wasn't ick or anything serious.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store