White tropical gar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbacchiega

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2008
Canada
I think I just peed a little. j/k...great looking gar!

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
very very nice. but as richard said, fatt gar:D i have one like that now working on getting him to lose some weight.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
xander13;1814307; said:
very very nice. but as richard said, fatt gar:D i have one like that now working on getting him to lose some weight.
my larger florida/spotted looks borderline obese...:ROFL: i try to limit his food, but he always manages to find it somehow...

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
demjor19;1814331; said:
my larger florida/spotted looks borderline obese...:ROFL: i try to limit his food, but he always manages to find it somehow...
:nilly:

nothing comes between a hungry gar and his food...:D

csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
Polypterus;1812943; said:
Your description would be a normal colored one in many cases..

Mike just a word of warning put that sucker on a diet (or just do not feed it for a month) quick so it loses that fat.. I'm not sure if the farm over feeds these on a high fat diet or this is a genetic abnormality (This is data deficient) but they have way to much internal fat covering the liver and internal organs. This one is showing all the same traits of the others in being way obese... This will compromise this fish and eventually kill it if not put under control.
Thanks Richard he is already on a diet, the farm seems to overfeed with cheap pellet food. The one my partner had did not eat for 3 months after it was imported and slimmed down alot.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
csx4236;1815749; said:
Thanks Richard he is already on a diet, the farm seems to overfeed with cheap pellet food. The one my partner had did not eat for 3 months after it was imported and slimmed down alot.
sounds like a plan mike; best of luck with an impressive specimen!--
--solomon

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store