Who Else Keeps North American Catfish?

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I had a flathead for a few months. My favorite catfish as well. Was really lucky to catch a 5 incher:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Any one ever kept or keeping Madtoms? I'm quite interested in them and I'd love to maybe get one for the riffle tank I'm making but there isn't near as much info on them as there is for other NA cats.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I kept madtoms years ago. Took a venomous sting and got rid of them.
How venomous? I know they're supposed to hurt like a bee sting because of the venom but i don't know how severe it is. What species did you keep? I'd love to get my hands on N. flavater but they've got such a small range it's proving difficult to find any sources.

jpcampbell123

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
i have kept albino channels before but it was a long time ago i do like flat heads too only have caught one flat head my whole life

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
i have kept albino channels before but it was a long time ago i do like flat heads too only have caught one flat head my whole life
Get a big rod and reel and put 40 pound line on then tie on a leader then a circle hook baited with a live bluegill and you'll be catching flatties faster than you can keep track! Although if they're big enough to be eating bluegills they probably won't be small enough to keep :). All the ones I caught under 12" were on an entire nightcrawler.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store