who have the largest alligator gar here !

pirarucu319

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2007
pahang
that's monster..i wonder how they react toward people that swim inside the tank..??i woundn't imagined "snapppin" happen..:D

ESJBond007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Southgate Michigan
yea since gator gars are the most aggressive gar species and will attack anything even as big as themselves..

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
87cm =34" which a Alligator Gar will get to in no time at all.. It's a nice fish.. But this is MFK..

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
cichlaguapote;1349760; said:
87cm =34" which a Alligator Gar will get to in no time at all.. It's a nice fish.. But this is MFK..
Thats bigger than anyone one here has that does not work for some type of institution such as Matt. The fish he shows are not Three foot though. More like two..Maybe 2 1/2..

I know people that have 4 to 5 foot Gators but your not going to see them on here...(hell why am I here?)

Now that I think of it it seems you never see any of these people on here with their newly I'Ded gators ever say anything about after about a week or a month. Somehow the fish just disappears and is never seen again.

Is there anyone around here that actually keeps these fish with the intention of keeping it?

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
pirarucu319;1348826; said:
that's monster..i wonder how they react toward people that swim inside the tank..??i woundn't imagined "snapppin" happen..:D
They are quite docile and gentle in reality. The only time they are dangerous is in moving large ones or working with large ones in shallow water. It is not their teeth that one should worry about it is their tail and scales. This is what will mess you up.

vinson lim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
malaysia
hmmm.... self own.... 87cm, that almost 1 meter....

nice looking anyway. :)

vinson lim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
malaysia
any pic of full tank shot...????

madmac82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
Newcastle, UK
www.nscairsoft.co.uk
not the biggest Gar on here but i like her :). this is from a gud few months ago, when she was bak in my 4foot tank for a while (long story). shes only about 15inch or so in this pic but shes about 22inch now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store