Who makes the best custom tanks?

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Looking to rebuild my swamp with my turtle in it a bit differently, and I need a non-standard tank size. Something along the lines of 60''Lx24''Wx16''H, drilled, with a stand and canopy.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference as I'd assume this would have to be shipped anyway, but I'm in NYC.

Any advice on who to turn to for the build?

Thanks in advance!!!

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Thanks, I've heard mixed things about them specifically though. Does anybody have any additional recommendations?

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Midwest Custom Aquariums. I have never heard a single complaint against them. Chris was extremely helpful and went the extra mile for us when we purchased our 300 gallon tank.

Reactions: Mount_Prion

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Midwest Custom Aquariums. I have never heard a single complaint against them. Chris was extremely helpful and went the extra mile for us when we purchased our 300 gallon tank.
Thanks! I'll definitely check them out!

Edit--Just did, and what I forgot to mention in my original post that it needs to be glass. Sorry! MCA does acrylic only.

Reason is that my turtle is a psycho and likes to beg for food by splashing water around like nuts right up on the glass, and between that and her shell bumping it normally, acrylic would be scratched to opacity in no time!

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Check out customaquariums.com. They have good reviews from some folks on this board.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
I understand it's a 60" long tank but currently deep blue makes standard 48x24x16h I think the height. Not sure if that extra 12" make that of a difference on ur end. Great to see u back in the action.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
I understand it's a 60" long tank but currently deep blue makes standard 48x24x16h I think the height. Not sure if that extra 12" make that of a difference on ur end. Great to see u back in the action.
Yeah, it actually is pretty necessary as this is going to be a bit shorter than the tank she's currently in. I'm going to arrange the inside of it for the turtle to actually have more room to move around.

Anyway, talking to somebody from Customaquariums who seems on point.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Beital's Aquarium in Pearl River will take care of you. They do some seriously impressive work.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Beital's Aquarium in Pearl River will take care of you. They do some seriously impressive work.
Mike, how are their prices and do they build or deliver in Philadelphia?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store