Who owns snakes?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Alex didnt know you were into repltiles too?? Any word on the green, you know?

Frontosas said:
Currently have 2 ball pythons...one male and one female. Both about 2+ feet now.

Have kept...

Emerald Tree Boa
Amazon Tree Boa
Green Tree Python
Garter Snake

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Thanks for the info. Do corn snakes need uv light ?? Sorry im such a :newbie:
when it comes to reptiles.

Ph0etus said:
I'd have to go with corn snakes. They stay relatively small (only about 5 feet), they are very docile, and very easy to take care of. My first snake was a corn snake actually.

A lot of people will probably recommend a ball python, but I wouldn't. Although ball pythons are extremely easy to take care of, they are also very picky eaters. They will randomly refuse food for weeks or months at a time for no apparrent reason. Ball pythons are good snakes once you have a little experience first.

Another reason I'm going to recommend a corn snake is they are very inexpensive and have a variety of color morphs that are easily obtained. You can get pretty much any color morph of the corn snake for under $100 (most being in the $15 - $50 range).

I've never been bitten by a corn snake, and I've never had a corn snake refuse a meal. In my opinion, a corn snake would be the best way to go if you are getting it for a kid.

mrsrobertson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Rhode Island
Ph0etus said:
I'd have to go with corn snakes. They stay relatively small (only about 5 feet), they are very docile, and very easy to take care of. My first snake was a corn snake actually.

A lot of people will probably recommend a ball python, but I wouldn't. Although ball pythons are extremely easy to take care of, they are also very picky eaters. They will randomly refuse food for weeks or months at a time for no apparrent reason. Ball pythons are good snakes once you have a little experience first.

Another reason I'm going to recommend a corn snake is they are very inexpensive and have a variety of color morphs that are easily obtained. You can get pretty much any color morph of the corn snake for under $100 (most being in the $15 - $50 range).

I've never been bitten by a corn snake, and I've never had a corn snake refuse a meal. In my opinion, a corn snake would be the best way to go if you are getting it for a kid.

Thanks for the info. My daughter wants one in the worst way. Maybe that's the route I will go. Thanks again

LeGrandB@t

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
I have a 2 1/2 foot red tail boa. I dont really like snakes but I bought it because the previous owner didnt want it and was gonna let it go or starve it to death. :angryfire Its a very pretty snake, I feel bad cus all I do is feed it. I never hold it or even look at it but at least its still alive. Hopefully I will find it a home soon.

Ph0etus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Michigan
LeGrandB@t said:
I have a 2 1/2 foot red tail boa. I dont really like snakes but I bought it because the previous owner didnt want it and was gonna let it go or starve it to death. :angryfire Its a very pretty snake, I feel bad cus all I do is feed it. I never hold it or even look at it but at least its still alive. Hopefully I will find it a home soon.
Are you located anywhere near Michigan?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store