Who RENTS and has a Massive tank?

Anchovie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
Jersey Shore
I would not put over 1500 lbs on a wood framed floor. I would not put over 900 lbs on an interior wall. I'm a contractor. If you're ever concerned about the weight of a tank, look above the tank. If you start seeing the spackle over the nails, it's too much weight. That'll be you're first clue, as everything else can flex and move, but spackle is not flexible and will crack when the floor is flexing down.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
I would not put over 1500 lbs on a wood framed floor. I would not put over 900 lbs on an interior wall. I'm a contractor. If you're ever concerned about the weight of a tank, look above the tank. If you start seeing the spackle over the nails, it's too much weight. That'll be you're first clue, as everything else can flex and move, but spackle is not flexible and will crack when the floor is flexing down.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks. Yea my last apt had some serious spackle cracking issues. Not sure if it was due to my tanks or not but I know the building was super old and nothing was straight or level and there had been water damage from a leaky roof evident when looking in the stairwell outside my door to the roof and leaky heaters.... I lost a lot of sleep thinking I heard "noises" all the time.

Sent from MFK App

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
When I got my current apartment(utilities included) I told my landlord I had fish and snakes. Besides her fear of snakes, her only concern was how much electricity I was going to be using. Never had a problem, but an issue to consider

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store