who wins out?

franchise513

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2008
Cincinnati
i think on the current stock the GT will win out and then if you get the rest the black belt will win, viejas are supreme fish on fighting

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
I think it will all depend upon your texas. Most green terrors don't get very aggressive until they are 7 inches. That's not to say all of them are like that. Texas are little bastards from day one. They like to pick fights with everything. If they can't win they simply move on to the next fish and try to beat it up. I would not trust a texas with and EBJD at all. They might act fine, but one morning you are going to wake up to either a dead EBJD or one that is beat half to death.

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
Haven't got the GT yet but from what I saw so far my 2" Escondido is very aggressive. Picked it out from a tank at Ken's - he's at least twice the size of its siblings. Already got a few good bites on a giant danio dither in a QT tank... My EBJDs on the other hand are quite mellow..

HerCrenVie;2591371; said:
The Escondido would prolly come out tops. Carpinte are pretty aggressive.

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
Modest_Man;2591408; said:
What sized tank? They could all be fine in a 1000 gallon pond, or all die at once in a 10 gallon.

My money would be on the black belt destroying all. Fast growing and aggressive. EBJD is out first.
Oops! Forgot about that. It's a 120g (4x2x2) and the goal is to keep three adults out of the mix. I don't plan to breed them and the idea is whoever behaves gets to stay.

stuckinthemiddle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2008
The ATL
I had my ebjds in a grow out tank (30 long) and they did fine by themselves. As soon as they hit 2.5 inches I put them in my 55 they couldnt compete for food with the other fish even though they were all about the same size. needless to say, Ill know to leave them in the 30 until they get bigger.

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
while I guess we got a consensus on EBJD dying first! :( I guess the only consolation is that I'd still get some blueish green in the tank from Escondido.

So when would the killing take place and, more importantly, does it usually happen overnight or over a few days? And do target fish help?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store