Why a indoor pond (or just do it)

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Just found this its another idea.

This widely used quarantine system from Aquosis, unlike other systems, simply folds away when not in use. It comes complete with pool, cover, filter, pump and all hoses and fittings. For much of the year it is likely that a quarantine system is not in use and is therefore taking up valuable space. With this system being able to be folded away and kept in a small storage space any of the 14 models (up to 900 gallons) can be taken through narrow gateways or your front door. This also keeps transport costs down and enables a person to move the system easily in a car.

NEW - External dry mounted pump option.

The pressurised canister filter at the heart of the system is available in 2 sizes (25 and 50 litres). Connected to a pump via a through-wall fitting where the liner has been specially reinforced for this purpose, it enables the filter to be located and operated at a convenient location close to the pool, whether above or below the water level. Integral to the filter is a 5-way multivalve, which operates such functions as back washing the filter media or draining the pool. The ‘INSTANT’ mature filter is a combination of Lithaqua, with its high surface area and mineral properties together with its storage within an existing mature system. If there is no existing filter to culture the media then filter start tablets can be supplied. The systems are available with optional 8watt or 15watt UV’s together with a heating option. Using the latest Elecro series of electric heaters (1kW, 2kW or 3kW) ensures required water temperatures are quickly achieved and maintained at any level. The complete system can be assembled or dismantled quickly and easily.

An important point that is often overlooked is a cover for the quarantine system. Fish are often stressed when put into a small barren environment especially when stocking levels are low. Covering the pool will enable the fish to feel more at ease and reduce the risk of health problems. For this reason we offer a choice of covers, a close weave mesh cover and a heat retention cover for heated systems. Using a liner as opposed to a rigid sided system is of benefit as there is no chance of damage being caused to the fish if they swim into the sides.

Customised pools can be manufactured to meet your requirements, whether you are limited for space or simply wish to maximise that which is available. As well as quarantining these systems can be used for accommodating fish during a house move, as an isolation unit, when refurbishing or cleaning an existing pond.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...rev=/images?q=Aquosis&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=G

FAQtati60.jpg

Joshy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Essex, England
www.bbc.co.uk
Now they are the definition of convenience in the indoor pond sector. However my argument is, for the price of them, you can DIY a permanent and much more attractive setup to your own specs. When I say permanent I mean, a plywood tank can easily be dismantled. And when I say attractive I mean, you can boarder and decorate the outer structure to your liking.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Has anyone got an indoor pond that is raised off the ground via a stand and or has a clear side viewing area? So that you dont just have to look from above.

Volenti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
Australia
Mystix212;1006354; said:
Has anyone got an indoor pond that is raised off the ground via a stand and or has a clear side viewing area? So that you dont just have to look from above.
Sure lots of people have made them, they're called a plywood tank:D

But yea once you start doing that the distinction between an indoor "pond" and a "tank" starts to blur.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store