why can't i have an aro group

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I'm so happy to hear that one of them made it! (Is that the one with the razor sides?) I know this has been beaten to death (no pun intended), but is there a way to prove that the apartment is at fault and get at least something back for it? I know you said they probably wouldn't do anything, but let's be honest, if they poisoned your dog, you'd probably go to the cops right? Why should these guys be any different? Unless its just that much of a lost cause... Anyway! Happy to hear one made it!
the niger(chainsaw one) died. it was the last to get hit, but it go hit the hardest. they wont do anything. i just got done talking to them and now they changed there story to a paste was used in the kitchen and bathroom only and they got the company they used to say this so i am f'd on that part. love how they back pedal after they find out i am pissed about close to $1000 bucks in the trash.

i had 9 asian aros 3 p14 stingrays a large tig and a few big tiger/dat i found unless i dont 2 x big water changes per week the ph would drop a lot but the fresh water buffed it back up to 7 i was in hospoital for 3 weeks so no water changes i tested the ph on return and it was 4.5

for as many fish as you had you probably need a sump as big as the main tank

if i had a fish throwing up food that fish would be gone fast because i feel we dont keep fish we keep water bad water = dead fish
i agree that bad water = dead fish. my water was fine. i checked it DAILY and if it needed it i changed it. i never really kept to close of a tab on wc times, but it seemed to average bi weekly so thats what i go by some weeks it gets changed more often, but average was/is bi weekly.

i think the toxin/pesticide triggered some vomiting and the story plays on.

Crazyfish88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2009
BC, Canada
Also up the filtration next time if u start again with heavy stock. 2 canisters and a hob just doesn't cut it with that many monsters in a undersized tank. To have a successful overstocked monster tank u also need overkill filtration. JMO.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Drip is the way to go with packed comm

In 2 years not one water change by hand

No matter how big your tank it will fast become over stocked even my 8x6x3 is getting full

I wish you better luck if you try avian

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I recommend you looking into a constant drip water system if you have that many fish in the future. It will be alot easier on you and will be better and healthier for the fish.

i plan on one. i just live in an apartment right now so it can't be done(easily). i will have a well in my house for just such a thing.

Sorry for the loss. That really bites
thanks

Also up the filtration next time if u start again with heavy stock. 2 canisters and a hob just doesn't cut it with that many monsters in a undersized tank. To have a successful overstocked monster tank u also need overkill filtration. JMO.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
i plan on getting a few more fx5s and i dislike sumps. just had to much crap happen with my 120gal and sump that i am selling.

Drip is the way to go with packed comm

In 2 years not one water change by hand

No matter how big your tank it will fast become over stocked even my 8x6x3 is getting full

I wish you better luck if you try avian

thanks, i will do another, but i may wait till i get in my house before i do. i just don't want to have to move a massive group of aros, wont end well. drip system will be going in. i just can't do one now.

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
Curious: is the drip thing that Ultimatejoy was talking about the same thing you said I should set up for my tank's evaporation or is it different?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Curious: is the drip thing that Ultimatejoy was talking about the same thing you said I should set up for my tank's evaporation or is it different?
No, you also need to have an overflow setup so water can drain out of the system. It is like a consant water changing system.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD

it is similar to the point of a constant drip, but you would do a higher drip and the overflow runs to a drain like brian was saying.

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
:newbie: Question: What I picture is water everywhere on a cement floor with a drain...that can't possibly be right so how exactly does the overflow thing work? I mean, you would need to focus it somewhere, a hose maybe?, so that it could go to a drain and not make an unholy mess of everything...so how do you do that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store