Why goldfish are cool - a visual primer.

Very nice oranda in the video, I would have used larger filters and less of them but it works. I also like the calico ranchu in the other tank, I have been looking for nice ranchu and I don't want to drop $85+ on one that size (and that would be a deal at $85). People think of goldfish as cheap fish, but the quality ones go for big money.
Thank you!

Goldfish just never did it for me, and honestly, most likely never will... thought maybe this thread might change my mind a little, but nope... still feel the same way...
:) give it a chance. :)

Aha... well, can't hate on him for loving gold fish. I guess he is really into it, with all that money and space for a..goldfish. But I am not looking down, so props for him too give so much effort for that fish.

However, I think not just goldfish...all live feeders should be used wisely... not only for the feeder's sake, but also for your fishes sake.
Thanks for the kind words, and WISE words!

kissofcrimson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
www.facebook.com
Plus gold fish are lie k5 cents a fish... If you want to keep them you have the cheapest fish ever and are lucky...
Feeders are cheap but fancies aren't. The Lionchu I got last year was 15$ and I only got her that cheap because she's missing an eye. She's starting to develop her lionhead type growths now and is turning out to be quite beautiful.

Goldfish have become an overlooked fish but I still love them. They are super easy to handfeed and come in so many different colors or finnage shapes.

Your oranda btw is beautiful. I also like the calico looking fish in the other tank, is that a ranchu, lionhead or a cross?

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Feeders are cheap but fancies aren't. The Lionchu I got last year was 15$ and I only got her that cheap because she's missing an eye. She's starting to develop her lionhead type growths now and is turning out to be quite beautiful.

Goldfish have become an overlooked fish but I still love them. They are super easy to handfeed and come in so many different colors or finnage shapes.

Your oranda btw is beautiful. I also like the calico looking fish in the other tank, is that a ranchu, lionhead or a cross?

My shubunkin? Or my short bodied single tailed calico?.. could be either.

kissofcrimson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
www.facebook.com
Oops I ment kevinfleming21's last picture of the calico goldfish. Lionheads and ranchus look the same to me. A single tailed fancy? I used to have a single tailed calico ryukin mix a long time ago and never paid attention to her tail. Always thought she was weird lol

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
That first link, I must say is one BUTT ugly tank. I cant imagin how noisy that is aswell.. Yes that is a cool goldfish and if you into them sweet. This is clearly a show gold fish... Plus gold fish are lie k5 cents a fish... If you want to keep them you have the cheapest fish ever and are lucky... But as they are bred to be food, im positive they will stay food. Also aslong as they are priced as food I will use them as food.
I disagree. I think my butt is better looking than that tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store