Why I think Aquascping and lots o' fish looks good, BUT only in other peoples tanks.

for me the fish tell the tale, realistic.. or bare bottom... if the fish are healthy, and not just sitting in a corner when they should be swimming, or if more sedate shouldn't be dashing around. anything else is what makes you happy at the end of the day.
This! Agreed! :)

VIPER006962948

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2012
West Frankfort Il, 62896
Here's my 55 gal cory, tetra and loach tank.
uploadfromtaptalk1336109445322.jpguploadfromtaptalk1336109729083.jpg

Tank Setup - 135gal, fx5, mag350, korilla 4, 3 silver dollars, 3 Red blood parrots, 12" Green severum, 10 coreys (3 emerald & 7 swarts), 2 black spotted eels, 22" fire eel, 24" clown knife, sun catfish, and leopard plaeco

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I prefer a lot of action going on in my tanks, and don't think I'd be happy with a single wet pet, they've never really interested me but that's the beauty of this hobby-everyone can do it differently how they prefer.

VIPER006962948

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2012
West Frankfort Il, 62896
I prefer a lot of action going on in my tanks, and don't think I'd be happy with a single wet pet, they've never really interested me but that's the beauty of this hobby-everyone can do it differently how they prefer.
So true

Tank Setup - 135gal, fx5, mag350, korilla 4, 3 silver dollars, 3 Red blood parrots, 12" Green severum, 10 coreys (3 emerald & 7 swarts), 2 black spotted eels, 22" fire eel, 24" clown knife, sun catfish, and leopard plaeco

To each there own for sure.

I prefer not to have much non-living (or mechanically working) visual distraction.

However I do employ glass Mason jar for cover, thereby enabling me to see the fish in the cover.

Jayzao

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2010
Lost Wages
I keep fish tanks to have a slice of nature in my home. Some of my fish happen to be "wet pets," just in nice looking tanks.
I tend to agree.
The bare and semi bare look of tanks reminds of a low maintenance cage at the local zoo.
I would much rather have to watch as loaches dart through rocks and plants looking for food.
The look of most store purchased faux plants and ornaments is simply awful. We have always enjoyed recreating the most natural/balanced environment as much as possible.
And yes, that requires a bit more expense and maintenance.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
For me it's much more than just the fish. It's the entire package. I view aquariums as 'art' as well. I use them to enhance the room, since I don't have tanks in a 'fish room' or in my garage. I'm not about to put an ugly, bare tank in my living room. A living room tank should enhance the room, not make it look ugly. An aquarium will always be the first thing you notice when you walk into a room, and if you care about how your living spaces look at all, it should look good.

This is the first thing you see when walk into my house

I cant argue with this. But i maintain only a fish room, like you said. So I agree with you on all points.! :)

For me it's much more than just the fish. It's the entire package. I view aquariums as 'art' as well. I use them to enhance the room, since I don't have tanks in a 'fish room' or in my garage. I'm not about to put an ugly, bare tank in my living room. A living room tank should enhance the room, not make it look ugly. An aquarium will always be the first thing you notice when you walk into a room, and if you care about how your living spaces look at all, it should look good.

This is the first thing you see when walk into my house

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store