Why Is It So Dead In Here?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Thanks HarleyK HarleyK

It's good to be back and talking to some familiar faces again.

Anyways, well said. I always felt that mods were overall well spoken. I remember often seeing feuds between mods and members and kind of laugh a little inside. I'd always think to myself that did not have to escalate to that point.

I totally agree with you about what the lounge is and should be. A place for light humor, fun trolling and busting balls and at the same time a place where we can have serious discussion about non fish related topics.

I did find it strange to see a former staff member talk about how certain non fish topics in the lounge was basically a waste of space and hurting the site. Because that's exactly what the lounge is for. So that was weird to me. I think if you follow the rules already setup in place, you can and should be free to talk about practically anything

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
You guys know what else I notice?

I see familiar names that used to frequent the lounge regularly are still active but never come here to the lounge anymore.

Wonder why that is.....

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
They are done. Maybe?

MrBlueDream

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2015
3rd rock
Compared to other forums, it's a little slow here.

In the lounge, it's about the same 5 or 6 people starting all the threads.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Tankbusters kept right.
lol

For a long time I had a 18"+ barra, a 15" disk tiger ray, a 12" male jaguar cichlid and a few other things in a 75g... No sump. That Barra ate a Arapaima. Sigh. It gave Japan style a run for the money and then some.. I think only one fellow member saw it besides a couple pics to friends.

Guess I wasn't keeping them tankbusters "right"... lol

It's a fish. If I don't keep it someone or something else is gonna eat it. If It dies in my hands I probably gave it a longer life than it would've had. This is life. Most of the things real MFK members keep that get big are food fish anyways whether farmed or sport fish.

And you say "Tankbusters kept right" lol

Things are too P.C. nowadays... It's the culture of North America.. But in keeping with that.. The forum.. Lost anyone who was an adult and knew what they were doing, really did work as far as the forum. Instead signed on staff who were "nice".

.. Give them my love. Keep on keeping on..

Last edited by a moderator:

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
I took the liberty to edit your post. Not cool calling individual members out.

It's ignorance like that, and attitudes of disrespect to animals that really turn me off from engaging.

Dude, you're just not cool.

Reactions: CarpCharacin

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I took the liberty to edit your post. Not cool calling individual members out.

It's ignorance like that, and attitudes of disrespect to animals that really turn me off from engaging.

Dude, you're just not cool.
It said he quoted my post? You edited it out?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store