Why New Life Spectrum???

fishman09

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2011
Centralia, WA
So this thread is NOT another fish food debate, just wanted to share my main reasoning for switching to exclusively feeding NLS for feeding my fish. I read this article and i was sold not only because of all the great info, but when you go to the other major sites nothing like this even exists to promote their brands. I learned a ton when i read this and Im guessing a lot of you will too. This article and the info included are why I have decided NLS is the best food for your fish in all categories and not just growth and color which is what most are looking for from a fish food. The main gain by reading the article is learning more about the fish food we feed our fish and if it sells you on NLS in the porcess power to you, if not then at least youll have gained some knowledge on the subject that you may have not had before. I want to thank Jeff (aclockworkorange) for pointing me to this article.

Please read ALL 11 pages for the greatest effect. Again read and post your thoughts but please KEEP IT CIVIL!!

http://nlsfishfood.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=63

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Eh, only some of the nls formulas are actually as good as advertized. They have several lines that aren't necessarily trash but are nowhere near as good as they claim and charge you for. Just gotta look at the fine print. For example, some of their formulas may list Whole Herring/White Fish/Krill/Squid, but those are the wet weight of the food; when dried and actually blended into the formula the weight of the fish that's used in the pellet is 80% less which drops it way down the list of ingredients. Just gotta know what to look for and be aware of marketing ploys such as the new formula for Thera A jumbo fish. They switched from using the meal to using just the wet weight of the fish and replaced the severe drop in fish protein content with Soy but still try to capitalize on the "Thera A" name despite using inferior ingredients compared to some of their other pellets and charge more for that food as well.

fishman09

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2011
Centralia, WA
Eh, only some of the nls formulas are actually as good as advertized. They have several lines that aren't necessarily trash but are nowhere near as good as they claim and charge you for. Just gotta look at the fine print. For example, some of their formulas may list Whole Herring/White Fish/Krill/Squid, but those are the wet weight of the food; when dried and actually blended into the formula the weight of the fish that's used in the pellet is 80% less which drops it way down the list of ingredients. Just gotta know what to look for and be aware of marketing ploys such as the new formula for Thera A jumbo fish. They switched from using the meal to using just the wet weight of the fish and replaced the severe drop in fish protein content with Soy but still try to capitalize on the "Thera A" name despite using inferior ingredients compared to some of their other pellets and charge more for that food as well.
Did you read the entire article? My labels all say meal after the listed fish btw.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Did you read the entire article?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Do you just blindly follow what other people say? Just look at the ingredients yourself when comparing the NLS foods to eachother, anything not listed as a "meal" in any pet food is listed at its wet weight and during the prep process it is dried and is less than 80% of the original weight while the majority of the protein is coming from the soy, not actual fish protein, in their trash pellets (ie their Growth formula and the new Thera A Jumbo formula where they make you pay more for a little bit more garlic and 80% less actual fish protein).

Is it really hard to believe that people get great results with other fish food not sporting the NLS brand? That people can get better results in growth rates, overall fish health, vibrance, etc, when feeding something other than just NLS?

fishman09

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2011
Centralia, WA

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
http://www.canadian-aquatic-feed.com/?page_id=34

nLS far surpass hikari, omega, hbh but I love this stuff above and is gonna give NLS a good run. Sorry fishmanto compare but I believe in this food and dont disagree that NLS is awsome food! Interesting though what fish fire is saying about.NLS.

It wouldnt suprise me that NLS would start to lower quality like every other big manufacture does once there sales go up to maximize profits! Very Unfourtunate!

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Really hope NLS isnt lowering its quality!!!!!! Neil where are you????? lol

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
zoomed.com