wierd water problem

skrilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2013
MTL
my substrate is sand so i syphon the top of it only

i guess ill do daily WCs i didnt wanna stress em out too much

should i remove the plants? theyve been striving but maybe it would help if i got new ones or fakes?

theskibag

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2011
Galway, Ireland
If you use a water conditioner and heat the water before the water change, you won't stress them out.

Hard to say about the plants. There's pluses and minus's for having them in there.

I don't have any plants in my p tank, just driftwood, so it's easier to keep clean

skrilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2013
MTL
i mean like they usually hide for the whole day after a WC.. which makes em skip a meal which i dont like

theskibag

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2011
Galway, Ireland
How big are they? The bigger they are the less often you feed them. 6 inch piranha should be around once every two days and then for adult maybe 2 or 3 times a week

I would fed them before the water change so that you can get anything not eaten

skrilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2013
MTL
well i did a full clean up yesterday so they were still skittish this morning. just did another WC guess ill feed them tommorow

theyre bout 4''

theskibag

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2011
Galway, Ireland
At that size I would try and give them a small bit every day so they don't turn on each other. I would feed them in the evening just before a water change so they have a whole day then to settle done until the next feeding. Like the guys above said as well, 50% changes would work as well and get the job done faster as well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store