Wife put me on a budget :(

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
So the wife proposes a "allowance" of $60 a month for fish related spending, WTF!!!! Does anyone think this is a fair number? Or should I protest this and ask for a new proposal?

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
this is one of many reasons why my GF and I do not pool our funds . . .

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
Depends. I don't buy a bunch of fish related things. A bottle of Prime here and there maybe some new sand or rocks. $60 for me would be fine but if your one of those people who setup larger tanks frequently 60 bucks isn't going to cut it. lol

If your spending lots of money over a couple of hundred a month then it's fair IMO. If anything see what she spends her money on and make a proposal as well. Two can play that game.

Somethingfishyinc.net

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
www.Somethingfishyinc.net
man oh man this is one reason I'm glad I own a fish business because I have to bring fish home etc.. Its part of the job & I pay the bills :)
If she new what the cost of this addiction has cost me I may end up in rehab lol.

be civil & reach a balance.

me dave

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
I get six bucks a week. Unless I find some cash around the house :raspberry :mr-t:

bob965

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2009
MI
This reminds me of the time my ex-wife told me I couldn't drink beer anymore because we needed to save money and it wasn't in our budget. Then a few days later, I caught her spending $60 on makeup, and I confronted her about it. She said, "Well honey, I need the makeup so I can look pretty for you." I said, "What the hell do you think the beer was for?!?!"

Maxfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
USA
I don't know what it takes you guys to get it done but some of this is not negotiable:
Electric $50
Food $25
Upgrades $200 to $700
Club dues $20
Show fees $ 400
Beer $75

Pepito

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I am not in your particular situation, but if you have been spending a lot more than that I can see that as being fair. Is there rollover from month to month? You can save up for your larger purchases. :ROFL:

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
LOL @ all these post, well my wife is the big baller of the house (money wise), but I have great negotiation skills.........called a bottle of vodka and watching a chick flick

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Lol not fair at all. My boyfriend and I spend like atleast $500 per month on fish stuff. Sometimes more sometimes less. You shouldn't have an "allowance" just make sure necessitys come first, obviously

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store