Wild Caught Kelberi with weird eyes, possible buy.

Boogiemn1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
LAWRENCE, MA
Actually I'll take credit for ruining that fish. It was a unfortunate week vacation that I lost power for 3 days and an frt that decided to beat on him. He has damage on both eyes but not blind. He eats but in my tank competition for food is insane but I managed to feed him regardless. He was the only one who suffered but believe he is a beautiful fish still.with plenty of fight in him. And glows gold.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
He definitely took a hard blow and is blind in one eye. Keep in mind that this will never heal. The purchase is up to you but in my experience cichla with one eye always laid around the bottom and in the corners of the tank most of the time. I would pass unless you feel it is a must have.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
He might have an eye injury but it's not everyday you find a WC kelberi at that price

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
He might have an eye injury but it's not everyday you find a WC kelberi at that price

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
This is true.

Op, if you are willing to take on a challenge....then this would be one of them. I personally would have gotten him (this is me). If the bass can still see, then I wouldn't worry about anything else. Just feed the hell out of him. Force feed, feeders, pellets etc. this is what I would do.

But if you are not up to the task, don't get him.

Thanks to all that mention me in this thread. It's good to see people that read threads that I can help with.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
One eyed bass arent as shy as every1 has said i have 2 that are still very active..the smallest one tries to even pick on my RN 4 inches longer than him...if your up for it def get him

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
One eyed bass arent as shy as every1 has said i have 2 that are still very active..the smallest one tries to even pick on my RN 4 inches longer than him...if your up for it def get him

This is to true. One of my kels has a "star" eye, but eats the most.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store