Will my Aro be safe with DATs

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
bump - on the DATs sitting in the bubble areas all the time. normal?

djoverdose

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Manila Philippines
^ hey there bud.... Its pretty normal for dats to do that.... though i am only new to tiger keeping... i had 3 right now. 2 6.5-7" ITs and 1pc 3" AT at the moment.... at first they usually hide or stay at the corner specially when you turn on the lights... but after they get accustomed to their new tank, they will go out and swim...

what i noticed is that you should have a good filtration for this fishes and you should have alot of patience... it will reward you once you see them stable... actually 6' is a big tank already... mine is only 3'x1.5x1.5... its pretty small compared to the tanks you guys have here in mfk... if you can try checking www.mypalhs.com its a locally based forum here in the Philippines. the site contains alot of info about arowanas,flowerhorn,tigers and other fishes goldfish and kois too.... though some are in our vernaculars so you just have to keep up and ask around...

oh dont worry about the tiger not feeding.... when i got my previous 2 IT's i starve them for almost a month... there main diet before was kataba/feeder guppys and i dont feed those to my fish... so i starve them so that when i drop a pc of MP they wont hesitate to eat.

good luck bro and i hope you can post some pics of your tigers.... loved to see them

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
djoverdose;2858813; said:
^ hey there bud.... Its pretty normal for dats to do that.... though i am only new to tiger keeping... i had 3 right now. 2 6.5-7" ITs and 1pc 3" AT at the moment.... at first they usually hide or stay at the corner specially when you turn on the lights... but after they get accustomed to their new tank, they will go out and swim...

what i noticed is that you should have a good filtration for this fishes and you should have alot of patience... it will reward you once you see them stable... actually 6' is a big tank already... mine is only 3'x1.5x1.5... its pretty small compared to the tanks you guys have here in mfk... if you can try checking www.mypalhs.com its a locally based forum here in the Philippines. the site contains alot of info about arowanas,flowerhorn,tigers and other fishes goldfish and kois too.... though some are in our vernaculars so you just have to keep up and ask around...

oh dont worry about the tiger not feeding.... when i got my previous 2 IT's i starve them for almost a month... there main diet before was kataba/feeder guppys and i dont feed those to my fish... so i starve them so that when i drop a pc of MP they wont hesitate to eat.

good luck bro and i hope you can post some pics of your tigers.... loved to see them
Thanks alot for the info ^^

I will post pictures hopefully next week - i have not seen the tigers in person myself as they arrived earlier than expected. All of what i ask is based on phone calls with maid at home

PRIDE;2858813; said:
any pics?
Yes, i will post pix next week. When i go back i am moving my X-back in with the DATs (hence the original thread). Perhaps if the DATs are so timid, it will be good for the aro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store