Will the tank fit

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I have a decent sized fish room of 30 tanks totaling about 2500g. I have one 8 ft tank I want to pull and replace with a wider 8 ft tank. The spot can accommodate it but i am not positive i can get the tank into the fish room into that soot. Due to the angle it must enter through the door to avoid another tank if that makes sense. What kind of
Professional service should i look up to have this definitely determined? Thank you

Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
When it comes to getting big tanks through narrow doors, twisty walkways, flights of steps etc etc we can be a determined bunch that's for sure.

Taking doors off, taking windows out, even taking down a non supporting studded wall are just some of the many options you have to get that baby in place.

In your scenario it might just be a case of temporarily moving some of your other tanks whilst you jiggle it in place.

I'd rather pay a joiner to come in and rebuild a partially demolished studded wall for instance, than pay some guy to come and tell me whether my tank will go in my house or not! Is that even a job title?

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I once even rebuilt a tank out of cardboard and tested whether it would fit through the front door and hallway.
I did the same with pvc. A lot more expensive but I was using it for plumbing anyways.

And I’m with everyone else on pulling down what you have to in order to get it in. Doors come off easily, tanks can move, and trim comes off walls and doorways for that extra inch or so of wiggle room

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Sometimes things like this are best taken in stride. Sure you could take a bunch of measurements, draw diagrams, consult professionals...but is all that really gonna be worth the effort when you could just hope for the best and come up with some half-cocked, risky maneuver IF you have trouble in the moment.

Ive just gotten lucky too many times in my life and had that tank just barely eek past the other one nearly every time.

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
SE USA
Don't forget the option of standing the tank on end and dollying it through the doorway. Sometimes that helps of tank length and angle are an issue.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
When it comes to getting big tanks through narrow doors, twisty walkways, flights of steps etc etc we can be a determined bunch that's for sure.

Taking doors off, taking windows out, even taking down a non supporting studded wall are just some of the many options you have to get that baby in place.

In your scenario it might just be a case of temporarily moving some of your other tanks whilst you jiggle it in place.

I'd rather pay a joiner to come in and rebuild a partially demolished studded wall for instance, than pay some guy to come and tell me whether my tank will go in my house or not! Is that even a job title?
Double stack of custom 225g in the way that are not movable without dismantling the fishroom

no walls to be taken down either
So yes i rather pay an engineer to solve this before dropping several grand on custom tanks/ponds

I once even rebuilt a tank out of cardboard and tested whether it would fit through the front door and hallway.
Actually have finished with pcv but rather pay someone

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Midwest Custom Aquariums can build your tank on site. You could go as big as you want with no doors or walls to contend with.

Reactions: Charney
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store