Wolf Fish ID

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Can't get enough of this guy. Should he be coloring up in a couple days or is this is general color?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Nice pick up! Mala's don't get particularly dark for wolves so him fully colored up will be this or something only slightly darker. For the most part they're pretty peaceful but highly predatory so anything big enough not to be eaten will generally be left alone as long as they leave him alone that is. As far as him eating give him a couple of days if still a no go you may want to try shrimp stuffed pellets. I personally never got any of my wolves to eat pellets so the seller may have been mistaken saying he is on pellets, then again I could be mistaken as I said it's only been my personal experience with wolves that makes me think they don't take pellets.

jagster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Canada
Nice pick up! Mala's don't get particularly dark for wolves so him fully colored up will be this or something only slightly darker. For the most part they're pretty peaceful but highly predatory so anything big enough not to be eaten will generally be left alone as long as they leave him alone that is. As far as him eating give him a couple of days if still a no go you may want to try shrimp stuffed pellets. I personally never got any of my wolves to eat pellets so the seller may have been mistaken saying he is on pellets, then again I could be mistaken as I said it's only been my personal experience with wolves that makes me think they don't take pellets.
how often should i be feeding? i drop in some massivore and he ignores it, then i turn out the lights and i see him gulping them down, bu he doesnt eat every day

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Malas are true /\/\onsters!!! Yours is real nice.
But say: colored gravel? Really?

;p

Wolves don't eat every day. Malas are known to occasionally refuse food for weeks. My mala's record of food refusal was 3months. Then one day he started eating again. They don't burn many calories, and in their native habitat it's always feast or famine.

jagster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Canada
Malas are true /\/\onsters!!! Yours is real nice.
But say: colored gravel? Really?

;p

Wolves don't eat every day. Malas are known to occasionally refuse food for weeks. My mala's record of food refusal was 3months. Then one day he started eating again. They don't burn many calories, and in their native habitat it's always feast or famine.

Ha ya been getting many comments on the gravel. It's the only gravel I have and I guess I'm just too lazy to change it. But thanks for the info. I noticed he only eats maybe one worm a day. From what iv read I have a really passive one. He's not aggressive at all. The bichirs all handle under or beside him. He won't even touch feeders or smaller fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store