Worst city for aquarium fish...

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
Maybe you guys could go in on a group order?
Your intial thoughts on connecting wih local hobbyists were the way to go. It promotes good cameraderie with like minded folks, you may learn from more experienced keepers, good trading potential for locally raised fish, and division of shipping costs for group orders.

Maybe you can be the one to start organizing a group.

O

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Forget city, New Zealand has to be the worst COUNTRY for aquarium fish hands down, I'd challenge anyone to find a place with more restrictive laws in place and a poorer selection of species available. Here's just a few of the things we don't get; rays, most polypterus, anything wild caught, cichla, crenicichla, dovii/umbee/half the large CA cichlds, large catfish (tsn/rtc/niger/etc), lungfish, gars, Geophagus winemillerii/abalios/anything except altifrons, Satanoperca daemon/anything other than leucosticta, hoplarchus, none of the really nice rare plecs (except L46, which isn't really rare, just expensive), and I gather there is a heap of interesting african cichlids we don't get but they're not really my cup of tea so I can't name them all, I know we only get one boring variety of frontosa, and maybe half a dozen different Tropheus.The oOnly saving grace (at least compared to the US) is we can get asian aros, but they are pretty expensive and infrequently imported. Even the stuff that we can get often doesn't come in for years, I waited EIGHT YEARS for another black arowana after selling my first one back in 2002!

That aside, I have a 2 hour drive to the nearest LFS that is IMO worth visiting....

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I already paid to join etnac. Nothing at all came from it. No word concerning meetings or activities of any kind. Website has no activity either.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
Online ordering is the best route. I travel 100 km,s from ztore to store to find what i need. Lol i went to 5 stores once to find a uv sterlizer my next purchases are online. Foster smiths has some interesting selections though they seem a bit pricey.if your not comfortable using your card online buy prepaid vanilla cards.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store