would a stingray be a nice addition?

nitrofish1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Northern Illinois
nic, would you suggest the motoro's or the smaller rays? i know that motoro's would be easier to take care of. but idk if id like more smaller rays or some larger ones.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
nitrofish1;2181626; said:
nic, would you suggest the motoro's or the smaller rays? i know that motoro's would be easier to take care of. but idk if id like more smaller rays or some larger ones.
you could mix the retics with orb type rays.. healthy retics are just as easy as motoro.. id worry about what rays your gonna get after a tank is set up and cycled..

and retics are not living in a 180 for life...

so as far as how many rays and what type is gotta get put on hold till you get a tank ;)

nitrofish1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Northern Illinois
good idea. but im still going to keep continuing my research until then. i really dont think im going to stray from getting some rays though, im kinda hooked on them, more than any other fish really. im considering putting arowana in another tank and making this a tank just for rays to ease up on stress etc. it will look barren up top unless i get one with a personality (seen one that likes to float upside down for some odd reason.....). i was thinking of doing an african arowana with them, since they need to be fed alot as well, but im not sure if itd compete for food or etc. but so does alot of other fish. probably just a ray only tank.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
you really can keep other fish in there....get some books and order the tank....

nitrofish1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
Northern Illinois
unfortunately for the whims of finances and time, the tank wont arrive for quite a while, like 6 years or more. but time flies so what can i say. i think ive decided that this tank will be a ray only tank, to ease the stress on them and enhance my stocking options. ive talked to the guy that im looking at getting the tank from, he quoted a much cheaper tank with the same footprint but 4 inches shorter for 1500 dollars less, due to the acrylic thickness and what he had in stock atm. so the tank will probably be 800 gallons, but the same footprint. shouldnt make much difference? im gonna keep my silver arowana in a different tank. and if i decided to get an arowana for that ray tank, maybe by that time they will have lifted the us importation of asian arowana, a very docile tankmate. thanks for the help nic

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store