WTB: wild caught florida pleco's as many as you can send me as cheap as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macantley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
south charleston WV
im interested in some wild caught pleco's from florida, i hear they can be caught in the hundreds, if not thousands with a net in some canals in florida, so im curious if anyone on the forum can get me some, last time petland had a sale on pleco's i got 12 of them for 99 cents each, only one lived in my cold water tank (65-75* year round) in 6 months he/she hs grown from 2.5" to an amazing 8" already (eats the crap outta my plants) this pleco seems to be well suited to the colder temps, and i would love to get alot of pleco's to see if i can get more survivors that will thrive like this one does.

if anyone can help me out please let me know, im willing to pay shipping and alittle extra for your trouble of netting me some.

ill take as many as anyone can send me, if they are small baby's thats even better, ive got tanks that can be suited for any sized pleco, but i dont expect someone to send me any pleco's larger than 6" since id prefer growing them myself, and the large ones would surely puncture a shipping bag.

please help me out, and help out florida by removing the invasives :)

email me

matthew

macantley@wvsp.state.wv.us

macantley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
south charleston WV
ok im editing my reply, im going to PM a couple of you guys later.

my first offer was $25 for 50 of them 2" or less, but the $48 shipping to me was steep, i dont care if they are overnighted to me, two day would probably work fine, but my last fish shipment was just shipped USPS priority and they all arrived very healthy.

matthew

macantley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
south charleston WV
nevermind, worked out a better shipping price via priority shipping, looks like ill be taken care of.

thanks for anyone who viewed my thread.

matthew

Pulcher

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2007
Florida
I have a hard time getting 2" or less since they are so tiny. the smallest i have caught are a clutch of eggs and some 6 inchers. Other than that most of them are over 10 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store