Xanthic Managuense?

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
When I had a spawning pair of managuense, there would usually be 3 or 4 individuals out of each spawn that would basically be this color.
I would cull them and used them as feeders, I found the pale color made them look like some kind of generic unrecognizable species, but to each their own.
I think you just had normals that looked really pale and unhealthy; just as you thought.

These guys in the pictures look like they are almost done peeling. If pure Maneguense, they are rare until somebody can breed them.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Those are the pictures a saw that swung it and made me buy six of the little suckers oddball lol
I've been posting the progress of mine in the "show your jag" thread but I'll do the update pics here from now on , I'll take a few more pics later as the last lot are couple of weeks old , I've defiantly got at least two that are completely gold , probably have to split them up soon or at least add some ditherers so the smaller ones don't get smashed up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
I've been wondering about the true variations of Managuense as until my friend sold me my "Gold Jag", I've never heard of anything else which I find kind of unusual. I mean you always hear of or see albino this or that and xanthic this or that, but why not anything in the Parachromis species? Are they normally immune to genetic variations? I have never bred any so I really don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
To clarify ; the "Gold Jag" (which you have) are not the same as the bright yellow ones pictured here.
They do stay a beautiful coppery/bronze color, and are not unhealthy at all.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
The jag in the 2007 pic belonged to a UK member that put them up for sale after he spawned them and got xanthic fry from the clutch. I tried finding a way to get them shipped to me but, he found a UK buyer and that killed it. Unfortunately, neither new spawns or the original adults ever showed up on the internet again.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
The thread I posted the link to was from here in the US the fish originally came from Here in Jersey and went to an MFK member VRWC. I don't know what ever came of that fish.

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
The thread I posted the link to was from here in the US the fish originally came from Here in Jersey and went to an MFK member VRWC. I don't know what ever came of that fish.
Scott (VRWC) was going to give it to me but unfortunately I didn't have room at the time. He ended up giving it to (the) Jeff. The plan was to breed him with a regular jag, and cross the F1s to each other to hopefully get 1/4 xthanic fry. Maybe it's still work in progress.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store