yellow lab breeding

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
She lays the eggs, he fertilizes them..she picks them up and mouth broods and then spits them out when they are developed. They need hide outs for protection, the female releases fry depending on a number of things including water parameters and water temp..should be 76- 78... Young unexperienced females usually do not carry to term the first time..after that they do. not all cichlids breed the same.. but yellow labs are mouth brooders... I take the female out and put her by herself..so she feels less stress and spits the fry out knowing it is safe from predators.. good luck

z24frank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego
thanks for the info! also is there a difference betweena yellow lab and a electric yellow?one of my yellows has the black on fin, the other is just all yellow

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
z24frank;569254; said:
thanks for the info! also is there a difference betweena yellow lab and a electric yellow?one of my yellows has the black on fin, the other is just all yellow[
Both the pure yellow and the one with the black could be female... and almost all the ones i know of with alot of black are males.. so it would depend on how much black is on this fish you have for me to give you a clue as whether it is male or female..why don't you post a picture of yours.

z24frank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego
There so many times that if I had a camera pictures would have saved a thousand dumbe explanations and questions.

Ill post some as soon as I get a chance.So is there a difference in the species of yellow labs and electric yellows??

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
z24frank;569504; said:
There so many times that if I had a camera pictures would have saved a thousand dumbe explanations and questions.

Ill post some as soon as I get a chance.So is there a difference in the species of yellow labs and electric yellows??
as far as i know there is no difference between one having no black or having more black except that i notice the ones that have alot of black are males.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store