Yet another Aro smuggler Busted!

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
CrAzYNeSs;4049691; said:
Who the hell cares. Its just a god damn fish. People take @#$% too seriously. Screw the US for not allowing imports, everyone and everywhere else allow them.

This guy isn't going to Asia and plucking them from the wild, its off a freaking farm. If anyone should get punished its this so called democracy of a government. I don't remember voting off Asian Aros.

F OFF GOVT.
Maybe you should just stop complaining about your government. You're the one who chooses to live in America so suck it up. Like you said, its just a god damn fish, you can live without it...

CrAzYNeSs

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here.
Gshock;4051327; said:
Maybe you should just stop complaining about your government. You're the one who chooses to live in America so suck it up. Like you said, its just a god damn fish, you can live without it...
I see your point. I did chose to live here, but it doesn't mean I have to be happy with their decisions.

exoticfishguy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
somewhere
CrAzYNeSs;4051506; said:
I see your point. I did chose to live here, but it doesn't mean I have to be happy with their decisions.
Stop whining, there's a lot of benefits to living here that far outweigh not being able to have a stupid fish.

Scorponok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2005
cybertron in cyberspace
It's an oxymoron law to make asian arrowana illegal to import in the first place. These fish can be farm bred at a large and commerical scale has made them un-endangered over twenty years ago. And not to mention the level of breeding and caring aspects for these expensive fish, makes them almost impossible to be extinct. Almost every household in asia with big fish tanks has at least one asian arrowana. At this rate why isn't this fish extinct already?

That being said, the only thing the law itself is doing is prevent superstition. Thus translate into a racist law. The law is to curb the superstition of this fish that it will bring fortunte and good luck and what not, which cause a demand for the fish by the superstitioners, mainly the asian people. So in a nut shell, it is to direct at asian people from owning such fish for supersitious purposes.

ScatMan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
PA
Madding;4040221; said:
I guess I'm the only one who is glad that justice is served. He knew what he was risking when he attempted it and got what he had coming. These laws are there for a reason.
stop signs are "there for a reason" too, but don't tell me you never ran one!! you can't agree with every law. after all, lots of laws are passed based on politics, not objective reasoning.

even though you are right about him knowing the risk, why are you glad "justice is served"?
these fish will likely be killed now, is that justice? :irked:
if he wasn't caught, they would go to happy healthy homes and probably have a chance to breed (i assume this because anyone buying a fish with that price tag is probably going to care for it well).

i think it's stupid for anything to be outright banned. if you can prove yourself a responsible owner, you should be able to keep them.
captive breeding takes pressure off of wild stock and a reasonable permit application will ensure the animals go to responsible owners.

Gshock;4051327; said:
america was founded by complainers, complainers complaining about their government! complaining is how things get improved upon. this is the beauty of our democratic republic; if we don't like it, we can change it. that's why we choose to live here.:headbang2

jr monster fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2007
Fox island wa
ScatMan;4051682; said:
stop signs are "there for a reason" too, but don't tell me you never ran one!! you can't agree with every law. after all, lots of laws are passed based on politics, not objective reasoning.

even though you are right about him knowing the risk, why are you glad "justice is served"?
these fish will likely be killed now, is that justice? :irked:
if he wasn't caught, they would go to happy healthy homes and probably have a chance to breed (i assume this because anyone buying a fish with that price tag is probably going to care for it well).

i think it's stupid for anything to be outright banned. if you can prove yourself a responsible owner, you should be able to keep them.
captive breeding takes pressure off of wild stock and a reasonable permit application will ensure the animals go to responsible owners.

america was founded by complainers, complainers complaining about their government! complaining is how things get improved upon. this is the beauty of our democratic republic; if we don't like it, we can change it. that's why we choose to live here.:headbang2
I agree on all points but one. Most of the fish will probably not breed, as there is little known about breeding this fish. But we can only learn from experience!

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
this is the beauty of our democratic republic; if we don't like it, we can change it.
I would normally agree with you. But it seams like we only have 536 people left in this country that can change anything for the better. 535 members of congress and the president. When was the last time they changed anything that made it better for the common person? I am having a hard time remembering at the moment. Yes, I vote. I vote for the people that I think will do the most good for the most people. Then they get into office and look out for number one.:irked:
I wish I had the connections to get elected to congress once. It would never be more than once because I would do the right thing not just look out for the people that can give me the most money to line my pocket and get me another term. *end rant*

ScatMan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
PA
Chaz88;4051851; said:
I would normally agree with you. But it seams like we only have 536 people left in this country that can change anything for the better. 535 members of congress and the president. When was the last time they changed anything that made it better for the common person? I am having a hard time remembering at the moment. Yes, I vote. I vote for the people that I think will do the most good for the most people. Then they get into office and look out for number one.:irked:
I wish I had the connections to get elected to congress once. It would never be more than once because I would do the right thing not just look out for the people that can give me the most money to line my pocket and get me another term. *end rant*
the problem is these ass-holes think they're "doing the right thing"! not that they (or you) are wrong, but obviously everyone has a different opinion of what right is.

yeah, sadly we can't all run the country, but the best thing average joe can do is join a group that can lobby for your interests such as PIJAC or something (like how gun people join the NRA).

also, HAND WRITTEN letters to your senators do get noticed... to an extent.

longv

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2009
SoCal
just curious what the punishment is for possession of an asian arowana? not smuggling one

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
longv;4052309; said:
just curious what the punishment is for possession of an asian arowana? not smuggling one
at the minimum, the death of your aro.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store