Your bravest fish

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
So as I sit here, having thawed and thrown in 2 large prawns for my Oscar and silver dollars; they are at the opposite side of the tank, seemingly petrified of them lol.

The only one nibbling at them is my single tiger barb *facepalm*.

While the tiger barb probably isn't "brave", it just got me wondering which type of fish aren't spooked easily, so share your thoughts.

I'm guessing some sort of catfish will be a top contender, wyckii perhaps?

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I would have to say my marbled goby. My pike cichlid hides when she sees me and I hardly ever see my catfishes.

Fish100

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2015
United States Of America
At the moment my bravest fish is my 2 inch jack Dempsey he lives with two 5 inch blood parrots and when I walk in the room my blood parrots run and hide but my jack Dempsey just swims around and is never really scared

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Clown Loach!
These greedy careless eater will try to steal food from a predator mouth, and cost its own life tried to do that with a wolf...after witnessed its tank mates got devoured by a wolf they are in high alert, panic mode and went into hiding mode until I transferred the wolf to bigger tank...Now, they back and start steal food from a male Jag...they will learn in hard way again when the Jag given them a few bites mark...

Reactions: boldtogether

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
two of my oscars hit anything that touches the water lol, one is scared of his own shadow and one average. i had an asian aro that was fearless and bit me a few times, my wyckii is about average if im honest although he isnt bothered if i stroke him... ive grown a few channa micro out and they will tear food from your had once about 6 inch.

is your tank in a low traffic area, most fish will be scared of this huge shadow by the tank if they arnt used to it, plus your oscar is still small, he has plenty of time to come outta his shell, throw some live river shrimp in, then build up bigger stuff.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
it just got me wondering which type of fish aren't spooked easily
That would be my Aimara, this thing is fearless and recently its bit my wife under arm when she helping me with tank clean up schedule :mad: She was screamed and fall off the ladder, luckily nothing serious but a small bleed from the bites mark. I have to call my friend and asked him want to take care the Aimara because I knew my wife gonna say something...Later that day I took her out for dinner and she look at me and said that fish is meany one and she doesn't like it :D so I told her my friend gonna pick it up soon and she was happy and said you're read my mind...I love you! Sad to let it go but I'm rather not messing with my girl :p

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
My Black Shark was unflappable. Sadly, he has since passed away but nothing deterred him and I used to have to always shoo him away during water changes because he would always get in the way and want to suck on my arm lol.

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
my schools of torchlight tetra's and xray tetras... they barely part out of the way when either of my two, foot long Pearsei cichlids cruises through them. interestingly, my clown loaches are kinda wary of them.. definitely don't compete for food with them.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
My common goldfish...except when doing water changes then that goes to my cories. The goldfish will stay out of the way...but the cories always want to explore the gravel that was being kicked up. I always have to watch to make sure they don't get sucked into the tube.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store