Your FAVORITE aquarium fish and why

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
In contrast to the recent "least favorite aquarium fish" thread (which you should check out), lets hear your MOST favorite aquarium fish and why!

I'll start! My favorite has to be the senegal bichir. While I don't have one at this time, they're cute, interesting, a good addition to large tanks where fish can't fit in their mouth, and their biology is very fascinating. Especially their ability to breathe air, and "walk" on land. Such fascinating fish.

My favorite I currently own however has to be my leopard ctenopoma, Tai-Lung. Such a personality for such an obscure fish!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
My choice changes but once the novelty of a new species wears off I always come back to my clown loach as being my favourite.

They can be fragile when young but once established in a pack they are a truly fascinating species and very hardy. Great looking fish, extremely long lived if cared for properly, easy to feed, non aggressive, and full of personality. They are real goofy little characters. Love 'em.

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
My choice changes but once the novelty of a new species wears off I always come back to my clown loach as being my favourite.

They can be fragile when young but once established in a pack they are a truly fascinating species and very hardy. Great looking fish, extremely long lived if cared for properly, easy to feed, non aggressive, and full of personality. They are real goofy little characters. Love 'em.
I've heard they live pretty long and get pretty big! I'd love to keep a shoal but I don't have the tank size for that. How long have you had yours for? Assuming you have some

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
In contrast to the recent "least favorite aquarium fish" thread (which you should check out), lets hear your MOST favorite aquarium fish and why!

I'll start! My favorite has to be the senegal bichir. While I don't have one at this time, they're cute, interesting, a good addition to large tanks where fish can't fit in their mouth, and their biology is very fascinating. Especially their ability to breathe air, and "walk" on land. Such fascinating fish.

My favorite I currently own however has to be my leopard ctenopoma, Tai-Lung. Such a personality for such an obscure fish!
I can’t come up with a favorite, I like almost all fish and the one I like best changes all the time lol

Norsynth

Feeder Fish
Jan 29, 2023
Minnesota

Ha, 太龙 , very nice name. My sen is named 小龙 coincidentally.

My Picasso Trigger was among my favorites, though I had my Tomato Clownfish and Eel for about 6 years? Frankly saltwater fish have been more intriguing to me.

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
Ha, 太龙 , very nice name. My sen is named 小龙 coincidentally.

My Picasso Trigger was among my favorites, though I had my Tomato Clownfish and Eel for about 6 years? Frankly saltwater fish have been more intriguing to me.
Haven't seen a lot of Marine Monster keepers here! Im happy to know that there are some other people with fishes that have "dragon" names!

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Hard to pick. Coal grunter or Black Eel tailed catfish.
My sen is pretty awesome though. And my small eyes gudgeon.

Gotta get me another coal grunter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store