your rod setups

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
DanDanUK;684786; said:
there due an upgrade when i sell my house !!!

so are my reels i fancie the old Diawa Infinitys myself !!!

and a good quiver tip rod !!!

Ooo i can't wait to sell this house my tackle upgrades are gonna go through the roof !!! :naughty:

You don’t need to spend ££££££££££££ to get good qulity but you have to spend a bit a good set up would be Fox RANGEMASTER II CARP ROD a good price and wins loads of awards. RD3500 12ft 2.75lb TC £74.99 but I have seen them for £65 each new The two and three quarter, twelve foot Rangemaster has a progressive action with a fast tip speed for extra casting potential. Equally comfortable at close and medium range, it will handle leads up to three and a half ounces and distances in excess of one hundred metres.
Good all round rod.

Or

12' 3.00lb TC
The twelve foot three-pound Rangemaster has a progressive fish-playing action with extra muscle in reserve and fast tip speed for sheer casting performance. A classic choice for long-range work with leads weighing up to four ounces of more, it also has the guts to cope with method feeder work.

I would go for the 3lb but I like broom sticks you can pull hooks if your not used to them though the 2.75 is a good all rounder covering 99% of all UK fishing and 70%-80% of French.

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
I have various rods, from Rapala rods to St. Croix. All 6'6" except my 7' scheels musky rod. All of my spinning reels are Shimano, and my baitcasters are Fluegers. For the most part I use mono (whatevers the cheapest, it snaps all the time anyway) but on my musky rod I use a 50 lb musky braid, and one of my spinners -Spiderwire braid 8lb diameter, 40lb test for pitchin in the deep thick stuff.

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
I have a few different rods and reels cuz i do some different fishing.
For carp i have Shimano Symetre and Fox Voyager rods with Daiwa Emblem X5500A reels or Shimano Twinpower reels. I use Daiwa infinity line .37.
For pike i use Shimano Beastmaster (super rod for nice price) or Henk Simonz (dutch, part of SPRO) rods with Shimano twinpower or stradic reels filled with berkley lines (spiderwire, whiplash and fireline).

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
i havent fished awhile but i have different setups for different type of fishing. I hardly, if ever go fish freshwater. so my lightest outfit is 10 to 15 lbs, with a Shimano Calcutta (the wider version), with a 9 foot G Loomis for bass fishing. I am talking about Calico bass, and Sand bass aka grumpies. they come out of the water with a big grumpy look at their "face". Then I have an 8 foot Jig Stick. It's a Calstar 6480 with a customized Penn 500, called a 99. it's narrower than the five hundred, with accurate plates, and Tiburon aluminum spool. The gears are also replaced with stainless steel ball bearings. Then I have my tuna sticks, with two speed Shimano, and yellow tail setups 7 ft Calstar with a two speed 12T, and white seabass setups. All of my fishing rods are custom made for each specific type of fishing. All I am missing is a 25ft Parker. they cost around $40K, used, which is an excellent price. Boat can handle 10ft seas...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store