Zaire blue Mikula spawn

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
We finally had success in spawning and getting fry from our fronts. We have a group of 7 f1 mikula Zaire blue fronts about a month ago my wife noticed a female holding. A few days later she stripped her and we had 11 eggs. She placed them in a home made tumbler in the tank. We soon noticed signs of devlopment in the eggs soon we had 11 fry in the tumbler. Then one mourning the tumbler was tipped sideways and we lost 5 of the fry not quite to free swimming size.
I keep hoping I will see them swimming in the tank. The others are now in a 15 gallon tank and are about half an inch long and eating like little pigs. Has anybody else got this variaty of zaire front? If so what are your experiences with them.

Robulus153

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
Greenville SC
How are you not going to share photos! Its always exciting to get a batch of fry from your prized possessions. I bet you will find some of those fry a few months now when you least expect it. Let us know if they survive!

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Sorry for for slacking the little guys are realy growiing almost an inch in size now.
I think they are even showing a little bit of blue, starting to look like minnie adults. They are growing real fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store