Zebra Parrot pacu

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Very interesting and beautiful fish.
I have not heard of them before (and I do try to stay abreast of Metynnis species and new forms).
What do you know about them? .... and I have more questions that I would be grateful if you could address....

- Where did you obtain them from and where did they come from originally?
- Is it a hybrid involving Metynnis fasciatus and something else? - That is what it appears to me. They share a bunch of characters with M. fasciatus (body and fin shape, and to an extent color markings), but the head shape and color markings are quite different.
- From the pics. it appears you have 2 individuals of that Zebra parrot (both female) within a group that includes regular M. fasciatus, and at least one other species of Metynnis (M. maculatus? and perhaps another). Do you have a male Zebra parrot? Have you seen one?
- How long have you have them? .... are they currently available for sale anywhere?
Many thanks for sharing, and thanks in advance if you could elaborate on some of the questions above, or anything else about them.

Seungtaekim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2023
1. 브라질 싱구 강에서 채집되었습니다.

2. 그들은 잡종이 아닙니다.

3. 내 수조에 얼룩말 앵무새 파쿠 여섯 마리가 있는데 아직 성차별이 이루어지지 않은 것 같습니다.

4. 데려온 지 7개월 정도 됐어요.

5. 크기가 3~4cm정도로 혼동되어 Setiger라는 이름으로 수입되었으며, 다른 metynnis에 비해 성장속도가 느리다.

Seungtaekim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2023
Oh It's my first time in the community, so I'm not good at it. What can I do to make you read it?

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Welcome to the forum!
Clearly you can read and write in English. I can’t read nor speak Chinese.
Can you help by communicating in English?
Cheers!

Seungtaekim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2023
Oh, I translated it with a translator like a fool and put the wrong Korean on it.
I didn't recognize it because auto translation is on haha

1. They were collected from the xingu River in Brazil.

2. They are not hybrid species.

3. I have six zebra parrot paku in my tank, and it doesn't seem to have been sexually differentiated yet.

4. It's been about seven months since I brought them in.

5. About 3 to 4 cm in size were confused and imported under the name Setiger, and the growth rate is slower than other metynnis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store