POST PICS OF YOUR SHRIMP, CRAYS, CRABS AND LOBSTERS HERE

Loulou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Mauritius Island, Indian Ocean
Diamondhitch;1612852; said:
Nope, Cherax Quadricarinatus. Because of the wide variations in color of both species, it is possible it is a C. Destructor but I would lean strongly toward a female C. Quadricarinatus (females dont actualy get the red strip on the claw that they are named for).

Here is a good link showing both.

http://www.shrimpcrabsandcrayfish.co.uk/Shrimp.htm?crayfishaustralia.html~mainFrame

If nothing else time will tell for sure because C. Quadricarinatus get twice as big as C. Destructor and grow much faster.

Either way, nice cray.
Hmmm... Thank you for the link; I will sure check it out. :)

Here's another picture of her...

20080319_002.jpg

Reactions: Balistik928

Diamondhitch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2006
Alberta
This guy was sold as an Indonesian lobster but turned out to be a red claw (C. Quadricarinatus). I am not sure if it is an Indonesian version or the shop owner was mistaken. Anyway the 1st photo is of the 3"er as I bought him brown with orange joints. The second is of him after his first or second moult a definite change to a bluer hue still with a brownish overtone. The next one is a couple more moults and is starting to show a small amount of red in the claw and the brown over the back is turning blue green. The next one is after another moult and the red is getting bolder on the claw. The last one was taken last night, unfortunately the camera does not seem to capture the deep aqua green of his back that turns to bright blue in the legs and claws. He is turning into a very flashy cray!

DSC02567.JPG

DSC02575.JPG

DSC02601.JPG

Red claw.JPG

Red claw2.JPG

msjinkzd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
pa
all of the varieties will be available for sale at some point, the yellows probably in about 2 weeks, the snowballs about a month (maybe less), the crystals I just got but have 3 berried now. Also have a blue/black variety (cobalts? maybe, definately a caridina sp.) which I hope to have available in a month or so. Just waiting on them to grow a little more. I also have some dark green caridina sp....but they are the slowest growers ever. I have had them for 2 months and the first one just reached sexual maturity.
a bad pic of the green caridina:

blue/black caridina sp:

Reactions: Balistik928

Ianab

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2007
New Zealand
This is a little freshwater cray I caught yesterday.

It's a Koura, a NZ freshwater crayfish. It's about 3" long, probably 15 or so years old. They are a coldwater species, so very slow growing and long lived. Captured in the stream at the bottom of my garden. :)

Ian

Ianab

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2007
New Zealand
Something differernt.

NZ native freshwater crayfish

This little guy I caught in the stream down at the back of the garden a few days back. He seems to have settled in eating shrimp wafers and pieces of vege.

Amazing thing is when I researched them, a 3" one like this is probably 15 years old.

Ian

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store