Black Ghost Knife

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
ViperCLKGTR;2227342; said:
I love these little guys! They are truely a bundle of energy, just watching mine do his little tricks keeps me entertained for a few minutes... Only down side if you keep them in your bed room they are quite the talkers!
are you talking about the bird or the black ghost... must be the bird??:D:D:headbang2

ViperCLKGTR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2008
No..lol... I was talking about my BGK he swims upside down, on his side....He even did a actual flip the other day....

He's the most curious fish around too!

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
ViperCLKGTR;2228075; said:
No..lol... I was talking about my BGK he swims upside down, on his side....He even did a actual flip the other day....

He's the most curious fish around too!
:ROFL::ROFL::D

Austin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2005
how aggressive are bgk's? I've though about one but don't know if he'll get along eventually with my aro's and bichir and gt and such. any thoughts?

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Austin;2241019; said:
how aggressive are bgk's? I've though about one but don't know if he'll get along eventually with my aro's and bichir and gt and such. any thoughts?
I think the black ghost would be the loser with most of them... they are more community type .. they will eat smaller fish but are not aggressive... so i would not put a BGK with those guys..not saying it has not been done successfully but i would be nervous...

Sykosys000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
This first time I saw this fish in a pet store I became obsessed with them.

There were a bunch floating in a bag as a shipment just came in and I was completly stunned for 5 minutes about staring at them. They were only about 3-4 inches long and I didnt have any money luckily as I would have gotten one and put it in my 10 gallon like an idiot.

This fish stands out to me more than any other fish I have ever seen (Including crazy colorful and exotic saltwater fish)

Luckily I did my research and when I do get one will be able to house it properly in a nice 100 gal tank. . .

Reactions: AMFishHead

midnightCK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2008
96815 surf
would a bgk be okay with gold and silver CK's? and a young silver aro ? there all about 6 inches the bgk is a lil bigger i think ... ok since bgk is bigger? more friendly ?

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
The BGKs are very territorial. I personally wouldn't mix Knives, but that's just me. Some people have had success with it. Good Luck;)

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
Black Ghosts are one of the most fascinating, fun fish I have ever owned. I currently have one that's 3-4" (maybe a little more), and it's like having a pet dog, personality-wise. I swear, if I drop one single freeze-dried bloodworm in the tank, he jolts out of his pvc pipe, and starts scanning the top of the tank in a vertical sprint... It's absolutely hilarious. Lately i've been hand-feeding him small pieces of earthworms - I try not to do it too often, I want his diet to mainly be the bloodworms, with the earthworms as a treat, because if I have my Striped Peacock and my Black Ghost eating worms, it could get a bit pricey.

I'm going to have to back up benzjamin13 as far as being territorial. He's calmed down quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, but when his friend the Peacock Eel (unagi - yes, they're friends) would try to crash in, or behind his pvc pipe, my Ghost would be like "uh-uh... *nip*" my Eel would just be like "Come on... Really?!" :D

They're both able to stay in or around it now though. :grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store