most expensive fish your catfish ate...

Daniel Machado

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2005
Fortal Town - Brazil
Latest expensive loss... My 7-inch mango pleco. The RTCxTSN couldn't swallow it, but it kept the pleco in its mouth all day-long, and was choking on the dead pleco. It took me half an hour to take the poor spiny mango out of the cat's mouth. OUCH! :WHOA:

Best regards.

Daniel.

black_monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
NoVA
you leave the lights on on night? That's cruel, turn them off. Fish need to sleep, they'll end up going crazy with lights on all the time.

Either seperate the fish or accept that the RTC will cane up your whole tank. What did you expect?
fish dont sleep. duhh

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
a 50 buck fish

vinodlaxmikanth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Malaysia
I have a featherfin upside down...are they just as bad??
i'm keeping him now with a silver arowana and a fly river turtle... should i separate him?
will he do damage??

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
I was thinking about getting one. I didn't know they were this agressive.. I dont have a big tank to dedicate to one rtc!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
you can have other fish with the redtail they just have to be big enough not to fit in it's mouth. I would say 80% the size of the adult RTC or bigger. I lost a 14" oscar to a 22" RTC a few years back, he also ate my columbian gar, several small pacus, and all the minnows, chubs, and panfish I could trap out of the creek behind my house. I put a 5lb. large mouth bass in with him when he was around 26". that bass just happened to be the right shape and size to barely fit in his mouth. Took him 2 weeks and lots of water changes for him to digest it. Currently my monster 27" RTCxTSN cross eats about 1/2 lb. of market fresh jumbo shrimp or prawn every other day. Ocassionally I will catch wild fish to feed to him, usually nothing over 12" though. I also feed him large floating hikari cichlid pellets every night. He currently lives with three smaller fish. The only one that I am worried about is much smaller. To tell the truth I don't know why he hasn't eaten it yet. It is another hybrid that is only 16"(TSNxblochii)

protopterus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2006
United States
i feel lucky. only thing my (late) cat has eaten other than feeders was a baby pleco, and it choked and coughed it back up alive and in one piece.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store