Compilation of DIY plywood tanks (Load Warning)

fish4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
va
This thread is a great idea. It gives a resource in one thread of many different builds and ideas of how to do future builds.

brianhellno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
USA
Wow I never imagined this would become a sticky. I appreciate the positive response and I just wanted to so say thanks and that I'm glad everyone can enjoy it.

fhawk362

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2009
Royal palm beach, FL
brianhellno;3658244; said:
Thanks I'm glad you appreciate my effort. It took a long time to sift through all of the searches to find all of these.

These are plywood tanks, usually three of the walls, the top and bottom are built from plywood while there is one piece of glass used as the viewing window.
Is there a thread on how to make one, how much do you think it would cost to make a basic 200 gallon or so? let me know

brianhellno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
USA
fhawk362;3660585; said:
Is there a thread on how to make one, how much do you think it would cost to make a basic 200 gallon or so? let me know
There's not really a thread specifically for showing how to build a plywood tank in a step by step layout but all the threads I've listed are great examples of what others have done to build their tanks. You can follow through them too see what steps they took and what materials they used and then decide what method would work best for you.

As far as cost that would depend on the materials you choose and how you decide to build it. Some of the threads listed have a cost breakdown so it might help you get an idea what you could be spending.

eeaklu

Feeder Fish
Sep 23, 2009
Finland
So all the information and knowledge is good to have...

So already thanks for every tip you guys...

Already found so much information from these pages...

grease monkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2009
UK, England
the tanks are very nice and HUGE.. i have heard about the "plytanks" i was wondering how do you guys put this together.. or is there any thread that would give the details/ materials needed and how to construct it???
thanks..

brianhellno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
USA
grease monkey;3697864; said:
the tanks are very nice and HUGE.. i have heard about the "plytanks" i was wondering how do you guys put this together.. or is there any thread that would give the details/ materials needed and how to construct it???
thanks..
There's not really a thread specifically for showing how to build a plywood tank in a step by step layout but all the threads I've listed are great examples of what others have done to build their tanks. You can follow through them too see what steps they took and what materials they used and then decide what method would work best for you.

As far as cost that would depend on the materials you choose and how you decide to build it. Some of the threads listed have a cost breakdown so it might help you get an idea what you could be spending.
It would be great if someone took the time to make a post in tutorial form on how to make a plywood tank and listed all of the effective materials and methods others have used with a step by step guide on what to do. Unfortunately from all of the searching I've done I haven't found anything like that on MFK. Maybe if I get bored later I'll start putting something together.

Reactions: geckoejon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store