my bichirs thread

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
Note: these pics are anywhere from couple months old to over half a year, so not exactly recent, but hopefully they're still 'updates' in a sense :D Anyway haven't had much chance to take new pics lately, but have a lot from before that i haven't gotten around to process and post.

So i figure i'll start a thread with these, and add pics whenever i can. Stay tuned for more :)

some older pics of one of the ansorgii. its contrast varies back and forth slightly over time, otherwise looks pretty much the same except larger now.

ansorgii2_332.JPG

ansorgii2_337.JPG

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
and some recent (~2 months old) pics of the Pbb, with the big congicus lurking in the back in one of the pics :cool:

bichir_bichir1_1012.JPG

bichir_bichir1_1027.JPG

bichir_bichir1_1013.JPG

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
You are a bichir god infblue. But i would like some tank size/s, dimensions, and list of bichirs in the tank with sizes included.

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
GarNiac;4193508; said:
very nice, how big is the tank?
Thanks GarNiac. in the pics, one is 225, one is 290.

Jakob;4193511; said:
You are a bichir god infblue. But i would like some tank size/s, dimensions, and list of bichirs in the tank with sizes included.
haha thanks jakob. the 225 is 72"x30"x24". the 290 is 66"x34"x30". all dimensions are LxWxH

as for sizes, i don't like eyeballing or take them out to measure, so i have to wait for the bichir to sit straight against the glass for me to get an accurate measurement from the outside. I have to wait for the opportunity to come up, and that's why i don't have sizes for everything. But for the ansorgii above, it's now 17.75" (in the old pics above, it was smaller obviously). The Pbb is 21.75".

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
Very nice to see you post pics of your bichirs again MASTER! Lol! Been waiting for soo long to see you post. Will post mine as well soon. You got me started of taking pics again. Just been spending too much time with snakeheads and aros orders. I don't even come home most of the time to just sit infront of my tank anymore except for feeding. Been busy lately.

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
light morph congicus. It has always looked like this, with its almost non-existent stripes, which is something i was specifically looking for. I like a stripeless congicus, although this isn't quite stripeless yet LOL The other congicus in the pics actually has the usual color even though it didn't look like it in the pics.

first 2 pics are older.

last 2 are from couple months ago. without something as reference, you probably can't tell the size difference from before. This guy is now 19".

congicus7_119.JPG

congicus7_125.JPG

congicus7_138.JPG

congicus7_143.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store