tidal tank

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Here is what I was thinking of using 3-way valves and irrigation valves.

The high tide would flow excess water through the bulkhead to the low tide side.

First draft of Tide Tank.GIF

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I think 2 small pumps, a 3 way timer, and 2 simple directional flap valves would be cheaper, those damn solenoid 3 ways are expensive.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I think 2 small pumps, a 3 way timer, and 2 simple directional flap valves would be cheaper, those damn solenoid 3 ways are expensive.
I am with you bro. I would never put the money into one if there is a better way of doing it. Btw, the above design isn't a suggestion to build it like that, it is just food for thought. It is what I was thinking about in terms of plumbing options. Even the irrigation valves would be too expensive when five dollare pumps are available.

By the way, I have been looking for a 3-way timer, or zoned timer that is cost effective. Does anyone have one or know of one that is readily available to the general public?

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
I just got another coupon in my email. I'll be at your place in two hours. Ya ready?

Actually, I was going to go today and shoot for a prototype. I can't resist a cool idea like this one.
WELL ?!

moxxommox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2006
Australia, Sydney
there was a dude i knew in Australia who did this, it was hooked up to his computer, it had the whole current thing aswell.. he gave up on it because it was too "natural" he had mangrove and mud etc... it stunk, he got tired of it. the end.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
I am with you bro. I would never put the money into one if there is a better way of doing it. Btw, the above design isn't a suggestion to build it like that, it is just food for thought. It is what I was thinking about in terms of plumbing options. Even the irrigation valves would be too expensive when five dollare pumps are available.

By the way, I have been looking for a 3-way timer, or zoned timer that is cost effective. Does anyone have one or know of one that is readily available to the general public?
Check the Rainbird ISA 300/400 timer Available from Lowes & HD, about $22. You can use it to control 24v relays and in turn control the world :woot: :woot:

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Well, the air lift project was a bust...even with max air and saltwater it won't lift enough water to make a difference.

Atleast now I know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store