tidal tank

ukpoduk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
uk
hi all
i've dreamed of a tidal tank, consiting 1 tank with a divider in the middle , one side mud skippers and the other fiddler crabs , and someway of making one side high tide then every 4 hours changing it to high tide in the other side,

do you thing this could be done

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
tilt it? tbh it sounds cool but I dont know how

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
It can be done, two small pumps, or one reversible one, on a timer. Each side will need its own filter system.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Just take two pumps and put them both on opposite sides with the intake in one side of the tank and output on the other side. Then put the pumps on seperate timers and turn them on and off how you want the tide. Ex. The first pump turns on for 1 minute and raises the water on one side and lowers it on the other. Four hours later the other pump turns on for one minute and pumps water into the low side and makes it the high side and so on.

Chad

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Just take two pumps and put them both on opposite sides with the intake in one side of the tank and output on the other side. Then put the pumps on seperate timers and turn them on and off how you want the tide. Ex. The first pump turns on for 1 minute and raises the water on one side and lowers it on the other. Four hours later the other pump turns on for one minute and pumps water into the low side and makes it the high side and so on.

Chad
Chad55's got the right idea, and if you don't need to much lift harbor freight has a little pump for 5 bucks on sale.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Chad55's got the right idea, and if you don't need to much lift harbor freight has a little pump for 5 bucks on sale.
The harbor freight here in Orlando has two sizes of small fountain pumps. The larger one was on sale for ten bucks and the small one was regualarly priced at ten dollars (that is the one that is probably on sale now for $5). The small one was labeled to pump more than the gallonage that I needed. It turned out that it would only pump nineteen inches over the tanks water level. I needed to pump 26 inches. :ROFL: . I kept it though and used it on what I called my guppy tower; a tall narrow hand blown glass umbrella vase that I picked up from Goodwill for five dollars. I used the pump to overflow water into a lower aquarium. I have a coupon for 20% off, so I think I may have to stop in for some more of those just to have them when my brain starts ticking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store