new house, new fishroom, 4,000 gallon tank, 1,000 gallon tank, many others and ponds,

T3hFu><0R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
twin cities, MN
now ive drawn up another paint program picture to show everyone that is interested what we are treying to do with this room to house the largest cats the size is 24'x11'x36" a total of 5925 gallons, but the overall height is 44" with the limestone cap on the top of the pond, it will be cinder block construction with a river stone face on the front side with a limestone cap all the way around the top and a 8' x 36" viewing window centered on the front so you can view them from the side as well as the front, once this pond is done i will have a total of 14,800 gallons.
click on the picture to enlargen it to where you can actually read the letters :)
View attachment 771912
This. If we could all have this. Congratulations on being able to have a dream room, albeit without a garage door and troublesome neighbors.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Great tanks and aquarium room!

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
Hi Bigrich! Like everyone else I am really impressed with your fish room. You need to set up a gate and start charging admission! lol. It must be amazing to see all those tanks in person. It's hard to envision from just pictures.

I was just wondering how the arowana and others that you picked up from us on Sunday were doing. I hope they all made the trip ok.
hello, yes they all made it home and are doing good, ive been waiting to get good pics from somebody that has a good camera, but i got tired of waiting, here are a few pics with me camera phone to let you see they are doin good
here is a pic of your arow, he was not 30" more like 24, and he has double drop eye, but he is swimming in a very open tank now :)
WP_000359.jpg

and here is a pic of the bicher, i put him in with the discus that jojo left here, they seem to be getting along fine
WP_000356.jpg
now the 2 cichlids, moved to fast to get a pic of, but they went into the 1000 gallon tank with the other cichlids, they have to share the tank with my growouts, because of there size and i still have not got the rest of the tanks up and running, we want to get one spot for all the cichlids and keep power feeding them, and throw in all the lava rock that is just sitting here, let them pair off and breed.

well anyways, sorry it took so long to get back to you, but i could not take pics of them untill they settled in and so on, thank youi for the fish, you can always request pics of them as they grow.

WP_000359.jpg

WP_000356.jpg

Reactions: Frank Castle

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah

tnc112105

Feeder Fish
Apr 9, 2012
Long Island, NY
hello, yes they all made it home and are doing good, ive been waiting to get good pics from somebody that has a good camera, but i got tired of waiting, here are a few pics with me camera phone to let you see they are doin good
here is a pic of your arow, he was not 30" more like 24, and he has double drop eye, but he is swimming in a very open tank now :)
View attachment 776186

and here is a pic of the bicher, i put him in with the discus that jojo left here, they seem to be getting along fine
View attachment 776187
now the 2 cichlids, moved to fast to get a pic of, but they went into the 1000 gallon tank with the other cichlids, they have to share the tank with my growouts, because of there size and i still have not got the rest of the tanks up and running, we want to get one spot for all the cichlids and keep power feeding them, and throw in all the lava rock that is just sitting here, let them pair off and breed.

well anyways, sorry it took so long to get back to you, but i could not take pics of them untill they settled in and so on, thank youi for the fish, you can always request pics of them as they grow.

Thank you again, it's so nice to see them! Sorry if I overestimated the size of the aro, it was hard to get a measurement of him. He was always so jumpy whenever we came near the tank so we did our best of estimating from a distance. Unfortunately thats why he had some missing scales and barbels when he arrived. He was very unhappy in our tank and I think we did the best thing by giving him to you. But I'm sure in his new home he'll grow out in no time.

And don't worry about it taking time to get pics, I'm just glad they're all doing well. :) I really appreciate you guys giving them all a good home. Thank you.

Tyler2012

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2012
cincinnati
hello
this is bigrich again, finally posting pics and the story of the new fish room build, to house the 19 huge catfish from washington, and of coarse all of my fish that ive collected over the years, first off, i had my last fishroom was a 2.5 car garage that got filled up very quickly and then i bought the 4,000 gallon tank from h20 Aquatics, and alot of there stingray stock. well now i had no room in my garage and i had to have the 4000 gallon tank outside for over a year, as i had no place to put it, we kept it covered in styro and then covered the styro with shrinkwrap, and i had a heater running inside of the tank all winter to keep it from popping the seems of the 14 foot long window in it. so i was, in a jam and needed to desperatly find a new home that i could build my dream fishroom onto,
Well i found it finally, it was a 7,200 square foot home in strongsville, ohio, that i got for a steal of a deal, it has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and a indoor huge pool that measured 25' x 50' and was 15 foot deep, and yes, i thought about using the pool for my fish, but instead i set up a few 15 foot round intex pools, and my 4 800 gallon tubs, and plumbed them into the filtration that i picked up from H20 aquatics which was a ultima 30,000 bead filter and a few 10,000 gallon per hour pumps, anyhow, i was able to get all my fish into there new temporary housings, and started to build a new fishroom onto the side of the pool room, the new room is going to be 25' x 50' and it will be dedicated to just my fish, and my family will have the pool room back, ill start with some build pics.
You are a very lucky person.
I wish I had the $$$ and room.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davdev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2010
Somewhere in New England
smile, well thank you :)

if you mean how much is the rent at my house, i bought it, from someone that was going to lose it, so they sold it to me for the money they had left owed, the city taxes me on 325,000 they say the house is worth, 7200 sq ft, 5 bath, 5 bedrms, indoor pool, 3 acres. but i bought the house for 140,000 that he owed, and he walked away from it.

7200 sq feet for 140K? I have to move to the midwest. In MA, you can't get an 800 sq ft 1 bedroom condo for that. A house with those measurements would be closer to $2-3 million around here, and at that price, it would need some work.

Now I am really jealous

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
7200 sq feet for 140K? I have to move to the midwest. In MA, you can't get an 800 sq ft 1 bedroom condo for that. A house with those measurements would be closer to $2-3 million around here, and at that price, it would need some work. Now I am really jealous
yes i got very lucky in getting this house, it was up for sale for 325,000 for a while, i just lucked out when the guy decided to let me have it for what he owed on it,and he walked, but the bad thing is that i still have to pay the taxes on 349,000 that the city says its worth, so i pay 6,000 in taxes each year, but im not complaining :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store