another pit bull in the news.

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
I'm sure the 106 families who lost loved ones to pitbull attacks from 2005 to 2010 would disagree with you.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2010.php#thomas-carter
Yes they probably would. Unfortunately in the 80s it was Dobermans and the 90s it was Rottweilers, now as the most exploited dog in history, its the American Pitbull Terrier. The flaw in the "fact" is that every dog that is crossbred with a larger more people aggressive mastiff breed is falsely classified as a "pitbull". Any gangster type with a "tough guy" attitude gets a bully and teaches it to attack. This also adds to the hype of the "vicious pitbull". Bottom line is anybody who has spent anytime around a true Pitbull knows that they are amazing family dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

aquaman95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
washington
I have a 3 year old had her since 7 weeks old and she is even safe to leave around small and female dogs I honestly believe she thinks she a tough little dog when in reality she is a soft big dog I bought her for the tough guy thing too but it did not work lol.honestly they should be illegal to breed without somekind of license and you should need a license for them I try to be responsible as much as I can and try to educate\be educated on them

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Manda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Philly, PA
I have a 3 year old had her since 7 weeks old and she is even safe to leave around small and female dogs I honestly believe she thinks she a tough little dog when in reality she is a soft big dog I bought her for the tough guy thing too but it did not work lol.honestly they should be illegal to breed without somekind of license and you should need a license for them I try to be responsible as much as I can and try to educate\be educated on them

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I work in an animal hospital and see more vicious labs and goldens than pitbulls. People need to learn that 1. People don't know how to breed ( which there's so many animals that need homes it should slow down) that they're inbred which can make them tempermental. 2. People feeding them raw foods and gun powder don't help AT ALL.
It's really horrible how people assume. Really is. I would have a pit in a heartbeat if I didn't have 2 dogs already. Spay and neuter!!!
Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Manda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Philly, PA
The worst is little dogs they will bite you out of the blue

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
haha...his mom...suffering from alcoholisms, passed out on railroad tracks. HAHAHAHAHAH

aquaman95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
washington
Where the hilarity in somebody else's problem is i do not know...All i see is somebody talking bad about another there for you both have problems her with the alcoholism and you with you insecure personality that drives you to downgrade another human being.

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
k, I just found it amusing that someone with an alcohol problem would pass out on RAILROAD TRACKS!!
That part is funny.

It is not funny that a loyal dog was injured because of his dumb $@& owner.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I'm sure the 106 families who lost loved ones to pitbull attacks from 2005 to 2010 would disagree with you.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2010.php#thomas-carter
It is incredibly sad that so many people died from dog attacks, but the few stories that they featured in my opinion showed that the majority of them where because of poor ownership. Most of the attacks involved multiple dogs and in my opinion was because the owners probably couldn't devote enough time and attention to proper training and socialization. Many where kept outside and given little time to socialize except with each other, which in my opinion would cause a detrimental pack mentality. A lot of those that weren't, where adopted as adults and we're in the dark about their lives before they came to live with the victims and their families. Now I readily admit this wasn't the case in all the stories I read, but again in my opinion the majority of the error was on the owner. It's unfortunate that the law seems to be so lax in dealing with in my opinion what equates to involuntary manslaughter due to negligence. Just because a dog is healthy and well fed and shows no signs outwardly of neglect doesn't mean the animal wasn't subjected to it. In my opinion with out proper socialization most animals become unpredictable not just pit bulls. It's interesting that when someone gets bit by their pet snake many people will say the owner created the situation and with dogs it seems to be the other way around. In my opinion if the dog is left alone for long periods of time, isn't properly socialized and not payed sufficient attention to that's neglect. We all have to work and I understand that but people have to make time for their pets when they're not working or the ramifications of that neglect lays squarely on them. Again this is my opinion and what I got out of the article and trust me I was mortified at first as most of the victims where children and I couldn't help but imagine my own kids as the victims. How ever once I got past the fear I read the articles over again and tried to look at it more subjectively and when I did these are the conclusions I came to.

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
Yes they probably would. Unfortunately in the 80s it was Dobermans and the 90s it was Rottweilers, now as the most exploited dog in history, its the American Pitbull Terrier. The flaw in the "fact" is that every dog that is crossbred with a larger more people aggressive mastiff breed is falsely classified as a "pitbull". Any gangster type with a "tough guy" attitude gets a bully and teaches it to attack. This also adds to the hype of the "vicious pitbull". Bottom line is anybody who has spent anytime around a true Pitbull knows that they are amazing family dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The reality of what Pits are is different from pretty much every other dog out there. For over 150 years the breed has been refined in american dog fighting, the most viscous dog fighting format in the world. Bred to kill and not back down the breed is one of the few in the world that is relatively devoid of pack instincts that other dogs have. Pits don't care about dominance, they don't really perceive it. They are on or off, that is what they were bread to do only in the last 15-20 years have they become such a prevalent home animal.

I'm speaking about the Breed and what was intended for the animal when the breed was established. There is no way to account for individual animals. I live with a blue pit from the am staf line and she's a sweety but can't deal with other dogs very well. Not respecting the animal and its heritage is how normal well to do people experience those house hold tragedies. End of the days pits are what they are because WE made them that way, so its our responsibility to be responsible for it.

All guard dog breeds I'm familiar with were bread to attack and pin, not kill trespassers. While I'm sure they have accidents and or bad owners, but it is not the intent of the breeding practices to produce killers.

I work in an animal hospital and see more vicious labs and goldens than pitbulls. People need to learn that 1. People don't know how to breed ( which there's so many animals that need homes it should slow down) that they're inbred which can make them tempermental. 2. People feeding them raw foods and gun powder don't help AT ALL.
It's really horrible how people assume. Really is. I would have a pit in a heartbeat if I didn't have 2 dogs already. Spay and neuter!!!
I'm not sure if you understand how line breeding works to produce the best in breed but basically inbreeding is a tenant of this.

Pits are less than 5 percent of the population, what are labs, probably the most prevalent dog out there? Lets say they are 15-20 percentI'd expect you to have more bad experiences with labs simply by virtue of volume. If 1/4 of labs were bad you'd still have more negative exposure than if half of pits were bad. At that see my above comment as to why their behavior deviates from that of other dogs.

The worst is little dogs they will bite you out of the blue

Yes, I can't take most little dog demeanors. Their aggression is allowed because of their size but really it speaks to the rather poor breeding practices that have become so prevalent in the last couple decades.

k, I just found it amusing that someone with an alcohol problem would pass out on RAILROAD TRACKS!!
That part is funny.

It is not funny that a loyal dog was injured because of his dumb $@& owner.
Self inflicted conditions are something most people really struggle to have sympathy for. I'm of the same mind set in that its horrible that the dog had to get hurt like that. Where is the old lady in this story? I would assume somewhere drinking or sleeping.

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
It is incredibly sad that so many people died from dog attacks, but the few stories that they featured in my opinion showed that the majority of them where because of poor ownership. Most of the attacks involved multiple dogs and in my opinion was because the owners probably couldn't devote enough time and attention to proper training and socialization. Many where kept outside and given little time to socialize except with each other, which in my opinion would cause a detrimental pack mentality. A lot of those that weren't, where adopted as adults and we're in the dark about their lives before they came to live with the victims and their families. Now I readily admit this wasn't the case in all the stories I read, but again in my opinion the majority of the error was on the owner. It's unfortunate that the law seems to be so lax in dealing with in my opinion what equates to involuntary manslaughter due to negligence. Just because a dog is healthy and well fed and shows no signs outwardly of neglect doesn't mean the animal wasn't subjected to it. In my opinion with out proper socialization most animals become unpredictable not just pit bulls. It's interesting that when someone gets bit by their pet snake many people will say the owner created the situation and with dogs it seems to be the other way around. In my opinion if the dog is left alone for long periods of time, isn't properly socialized and not payed sufficient attention to that's neglect. We all have to work and I understand that but people have to make time for their pets when they're not working or the ramifications of that neglect lays squarely on them. Again this is my opinion and what I got out of the article and trust me I was mortified at first as most of the victims where children and I couldn't help but imagine my own kids as the victims. How ever once I got past the fear I read the articles over again and tried to look at it more subjectively and when I did these are the conclusions I came to.
It is a real tragedy, one of the reason pits are so small and heavy isn't for fighting viability as much as because then you could pack more pounds in a small crate, stack em 4 high and 10 wide to support your operation. Neglect is a tenant of this breeds engineering and its truly sad. To many dogs suffer bad owners, it really bothers me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store