Black Diamond Sand Blasting Sand

Jbh2383

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2012
Bloomington
Just redid one of my tanks in it and plan on using it to do my other tank. Haven't had any problems so far you just have to make sure u clean it really good. And as far as it hurting gills my eel don't seem to show any signs and its burrowing thru it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Just redid one of my tanks in it and plan on using it to do my other tank. Haven't had any problems so far you just have to make sure u clean it really good. And as far as it hurting gills my eel don't seem to show any signs and its burrowing thru it.

I have this stuff available for me from a sandblast shop... They say it is copper slag... Not sure it is same as coal slag... Is this the same stuff?

Here is a pic..
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1349101012.383688.jpg

To the op... You have to just make sure you get a finer mesh size for ur sifters

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
there's a post on here somewhere recently, I think in the correct section, that showed pics of glass shards mixed in with it. I'd never use it.

AQUAMONSTER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2010
Albany. NY
I have pfs and just mixed black petco sand in with it.

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
This is just my guess but it's called blasting sand for a reason. So I'm guessing it's very sharp.

Its not. I ran my fingers through it and didnt feel anything sharp. Just because its labeled blasting sand doesnt mean it has to be sharp, they use sand and even walnut shells to blast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store