Cheap plants, less nitrate! POTHOS

Tiller11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
Kansas, United States
I think i have somethinh like this is a like coffee pot upstairs filled with water... But mines really viny and stuff like it hangs down the side of my tank.... Does urs do this f1? And i was wonderimg... If i do put them in and then cut off the draping part and stick that in aswell u think that will sprout roots... Or jus die

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tiller11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
Kansas, United States
Also does this float cause if so ill just throw the whole plant in and not worry about it hangon over the side

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
F1, have you seen ripariums? It is basically your idea with the planter pots but the water level is dropped in the tank and it's laid out to look like the edge of a river/stream/whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
Could I implement this in my sump? My fish are all jumpers and dont want any open spaces on my tank

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
F1, have you seen ripariums? It is basically your idea with the planter pots but the water level is dropped in the tank and it's laid out to look like the edge of a river/stream/whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
clockwork: Yea I've seen em, basically never change water, just add some for mineral replacement!

Tiller almost any plant works, however pothos is very good at consuming nitrate and its very cheap, yes you can snip a segment off and it will also grow , you can also plant them in ur substrate and they will grow above water, a couple vines are hanging off the sides of my tank, I'm going to pin it to the ceiling when it gets bigger. Give it a month, it will be a monster.

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

RWaltman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Warren, PA
Well, I just learned something useful on this site...there's a first! KAKAAAAW! ON IT.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store