Methods to Break Rays to New/Other Foods

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
Very helpful.... my orbigny ray has only eaten live blackworms and now live earthworms (some jumbo lol) Won't go for frozen krill or frozen lancefish or massivore tho.... will try starving since I'm out of worms then will try market shrimp and if that works ima try to shove some massivore in there. Def not chopping worms in half and attempting to fit a massivore in there lol. I usually feed my polys silversides (frozen) but my gf got lancefish instead last time and NOBODY seems to eat them.... why? But they gobble the silversides....

Sent from my LG-C800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

koechingkampung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2012
jakarta
im sorry if this is not the right thread.. i just want to ask how to feed tilapia to rays.. do you give the fillet only or the whole baby tilapia??

yesterday i tried to fed them with frozen thawed baby tilapia, at first they ate it the whole baby fish vigorously.. but then they chew it up and it makes the water cloudy, and they left it..

if i fed with baby goldfish, they ate the whole fish at once..

any suggestion / comments on tilapia? should i keep feeding with baby fish or just the fillet?

TakeNotes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
In The Jungle
im sorry if this is not the right thread.. i just want to ask how to feed tilapia to rays.. do you give the fillet only or the whole baby tilapia??

yesterday i tried to fed them with frozen thawed baby tilapia, at first they ate it the whole baby fish vigorously.. but then they chew it up and it makes the water cloudy, and they left it..

if i fed with baby goldfish, they ate the whole fish at once..

any suggestion / comments on tilapia? should i keep feeding with baby fish or just the fillet?
I get pre cut fillets of talapia and allow them to thaw out then cut them into strips of size which can fit n rays mouth.

fishlover14

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
India
Hi Friends I have been feeding my female 6 inch Motoro stingray with live bloodworms since around 6 months and also feed him frozen fish (freshwater edible by us). I have tried soaking hikari sinking carnivore pellets in blood-worms and fresh water frozen fillets and also starved him for 15 days but he wont eat those pellets. He will happily eat live fish. Can someone help me please. Also how do I know its age ?

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Hi Friends I have been feeding my female 6 inch Motoro stingray with live bloodworms since around 6 months and also feed him frozen fish (freshwater edible by us). I have tried soaking hikari sinking carnivore pellets in blood-worms and fresh water frozen fillets and also starved him for 15 days but he wont eat those pellets. He will happily eat live fish. Can someone help me please. Also how do I know its age ?
15 Days is kinda long... im having difficulty training all my rays as well i only have 1 out of 5 eating pellets. As for your problem.. I would change your food. Most rays and im pretty sure your ray will also Eat Frozen silver sides. My current method is thawing out frozen silversides, cutting the silversides from head stomach and tail. i actually stuff pellets into the stomach portion of the silverside. Most of my rays will eat it with the pellets without knowing due to the heavy taste of the silversides.. but it falls out sometimes. But this method would probably work best for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store