DIY 450G Glass Tank

305phins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
ZION
Thanks Najib, you gave me the confidence to give it a shot :)

Can i ask though, how did you hold the bracing on while the silicon dried. I see the two sides are on top of the tank so that would just rest and cure, but the braces in the front an back that run along the whole tank... how did you hold those while they dried?

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Thanks Najib, you gave me the confidence to give it a shot :)

Can i ask though, how did you hold the bracing on while the silicon dried. I see the two sides are on top of the tank so that would just rest and cure, but the braces in the front an back that run along the whole tank... how did you hold those while they dried?
That's the way to go bro... It's overly satisfying to see the fruits of labor :)

To hold the braces get C clamps and also for the sides use larger C clamps... Look for carpentery stores and such... Lemme know what u come up with... :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Nice looking tank. I am wondering, how much do you save by making it yourself? I mean the tank alone, not stand. Being all glass I would think it wouldn't be that much cheaper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Nice job, looks sweet!:thumbsup:
Cheers :)

Nice looking tank. I am wondering, how much do you save by making it yourself? I mean the tank alone, not stand. Being all glass I would think it wouldn't be that much cheaper.

Thx bro...
This bill as converted from INR 60000/- = $1200/- this includes the sump and pump.... If I got it done with a aquarium shop it's would have costed me $1850/-....
And moreover, the glass itself makes up 3/4th of the cost... So ye it was quite reasonable in the end :)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Exellent craftsminship all around..diggin the lights aswell. Nice to see another fan of filimentosus barbs i have a school of 7 in a 180...def. amazing to see the 15 or more you have in that big footprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Cheers :)

Thx bro...
This bill as converted from INR 60000/- = $1200/- this includes the sump and pump.... If I got it done with a aquarium shop it's would have costed me $1850/-....
And moreover, the glass itself makes up 3/4th of the cost... So ye it was quite reasonable in the end :)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Nice, I am going to be building a 10x10x3 once I get my house and was/have been thinking a plywood style build. I do love the clean glass look and have been thinking about doing something similar to your tank as well.

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Exellent craftsminship all around..diggin the lights aswell. Nice to see another fan of filimentosus barbs i have a school of 7 in a 180...def. amazing to see the 15 or more you have in that big footprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thx Wednesday... Yea I like them barbs... Although I have moved them from the tank and into ma pond where it has a huge no friends for themselves :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store