MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Man you made this look so easy! What did you use to hold glass together besides silicon and braces. Any chance you have a materials list for this build ?
Haha it wasn't easy by any means.... Glad u like...
Haven't kept an exact list but to hold the glasses together I used clamps on the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA

305phins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
ZION
Haha it wasn't easy by any means.... Glad u like...
Haven't kept an exact list but to hold the glasses together I used clamps on the sides.

Lol I meant what else did you use to hold the glass together, silicon and braces on top and bottom inside the tank, and that's all? I may have missed it in the thread, but how thick is the glass you used. I'm thinking about doing a build just like this :)

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Lol I meant what else did you use to hold the glass together, silicon and braces on top and bottom inside the tank, and that's all? I may have missed it in the thread, but how thick is the glass you used. I'm thinking about doing a build just like this :)
Ah ok...
Yea pretty much braces all around the bottom and top. The tank itself is of 19mm and for the braces I used 12mm. Even for the overflow box I used 12mm in the inside and then installed acrylic sleeve of 6mm to give the finished look and the teeth for the overflow...

What are the dimensions u have in mind...?

305phins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
ZION
I want to go 8x36x24 so about 360g, I have a 300g thats 8x24x30, and I want that larger footprint. Never built a tank though, but done some research. Doesn't look like rocket science, but i am kinda hesitant to give it a shot since iv'e never done it before. Iv'e built stands for 300g and 150g and hoods, but never worked with glass. What do you think ? give it a shot ?

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
I want to go 8x36x24 so about 360g, I have a 300g thats 8x24x30, and I want that larger footprint. Never built a tank though, but done some research. Doesn't look like rocket science, but i am kinda hesitant to give it a shot since iv'e never done it before. Iv'e built stands for 300g and 150g and hoods, but never worked with glass. What do you think ? give it a shot ?
Oh yes why not!... It's fun. But I suggest
1) try with smaller glasses first to get a hang of it
2) get some help to hold the glass
3) first time when u do it, don't sweat too much. Just get used to the silicone. The texture and behaviour :)

All the best an do keep us posted...

Cheers,

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
No worries Bro :) I am sure U are enjoying yourself with your tank ;)

Any updates ?
Yup yup.... Added 3 LNG gar... Will get pics tonight hopefully... Had added a RTGG... She was in the tank for a short stay, was a part of rescue effort. Today she is going into the pond :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store