New additions to our new home :)

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Henry Hill (Hank the Tank) and Casey Jane. We adopted these dogs from the Blackhat humane society in Arizona. They are rescues from the Navajo nation (Res Dogs). These are the names that they came with .. Henry is perfect because he is named in memory of our 14 year old shepherd coyote mix Jack Henry, that we had to put down last month. I wanted to name Casey Jane ''Arya (Horseface) Stark'', but at 5 months old I think that we are a little late in the game. Besides, I'm not so sure that she is the ''brightest light on the tree'', and don't want to confuse her anymore than she already is. They are getting along great and are already right at home. :)casey J.jpghenry hill.jpgfirst walk.jpgtired pups.jpg

casey J.jpg

henry hill.jpg

first walk.jpg

tired pups.jpg

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
there are slews of res dogs right here... can't believe you went that far. but they're cute!
are they pre-trained to chase automobiles & bite tires?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
When you mean that they are Navajo, do you mean they beolonged to Navajo Indians?

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Granny.. My Fiancee was a speech therapist on the reservation years ago and helped to establish the Blackhat humane society. She donates money every year to them and felt obligated to get them there. Don't look at me, I wanted a tortoise.

Miguel, yes, they are from the Navajo reservation. They don't believe in ''fixing'' their dogs so there are lots of strays, ferals, and dog/coyote mixes. As a matter of fact, Henrys (the orange dog) mom was a feral Lab/Chow mix. They think that his father is a Mastiff mix. What do you think?? See any Mastiff in there?? He is only 4 months old, but look at his paws...

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
rob, that female might only understand navajo ;-) because down there, they still converse in that daily.
we got an adult rescue dog that only understood spanish, & she was pathetically confused for a Long time.
OHhh, my post overlapped with yours. now I get the story ;-)

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Nope. No mastiff in there. Lovely paws, but not indicative of a big dog as adult.

At that age, a babe mastiff has paws like yours or mine...

Fully understand your girl's committment to get them there.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
She was fostered by a ''white'' family for the past 3 months and she is only 5 months old. She was found abandoned with her 2 brothers along side a road on the res.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
we got an adult rescue dog that only understood spanish, & she was pathetically confused for a Long time.
OHhh, my post overlapped with yours. now I get the story ;-)

So you had a highly civilized dog, Barbara! A remnant of the time when California meant hot land....:)

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Nope. No mastiff in there. Lovely paws, but not indicative of a big dog as adult.

At that age, a babe mastiff has paws like yours or mine...

Fully understand your girl's committment to get them there.
Thank god !! I only say that because as much as I LOVE Mastiffs, our house is only 800 sq feet and they are to be mostly indoor dogs. With our limited space 50 pounds sounds a lot easier to manage than 150 pounds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store