New additions to our new home :)

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
well at least you don't have a language barrier. it's quite a hurdle for grown dogs- they think you're all stupid, you think they're stupid- and then you have the occasional hand gesture Breakthrough. LOL.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Great looking dogs Rob! I wish you all the luck in the world great job adopting them. I can see Lab/Chow does she have any blue on her tounge? She looks like she'll top out at about 60-70lbs.

Muguel would the basis for California come from the words Hot Oven or as hot as and oven? Just curious never thought about it before.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
well at least you don't have a language barrier. it's quite a hurdle for grown dogs- they think you're all stupid, you think they're stupid- and then you have the occasional hand gesture Breakthrough. LOL.
Too funny !!!! On a positive note, even though I am a total Gringo, I speak spanish almost fluently ;). Navajo not so much. Not at all to tell the truth.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
miguel, she was a jewel with children, but also the sneakiest food thief I've ever owned. if I so much as stepped out of the room without a stern pre-emptive warning, she would clear the table. even knocked things off for the other two so they could eat it "guilt free".

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Great looking dogs Rob! I wish you all the luck in the world great job adopting them. I can see Lab/Chow does she have any blue on her tounge? She looks like she'll top out at about 60-70lbs.

Muguel would the basis for California come from the words Hot Oven or as hot as and oven? Just curious never thought about it before.
Yes he has blue/purple on his tongue. I'm hoping a bit smaller than that. Casey already has an adult looking stride and gait,as well as bark, so I don't think that she will get much bigger.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Thank god !! I only say that because as much as I LOVE Mastiffs, our house is only 800 sq feet and they are to be mostly indoor dogs. With our limited space 50 pounds sounds a lot easier to manage than 150 pounds.
Mostly indoor isn't gonna work though. Not trying to be a party pooper but thats the way it is.
Depends on how you define mostly though :)

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
We live in a canyon here. We do have a decent size yard but most of it goes straight uphill. 10 feet outside our backdoor the hill starts. A sandstone face covered by iceplant that is almost too steep to climb. The dogs can go a short ways up but not much. Besides, we have a ton of Rattlesnakes here and having them outdoors full time at this point of their development would be bad. Next year we will get them into snake training so they will know to avoid them. Right now they would just think of a rattler as an interactive rattle toy.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
I understand. When they are trained to avoid the snakes I am sure they will have a good old time roaming your backyard and the surroundings :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store