Homeowners,how much are your property taxes and which services do you receive?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
^they did that around here but it worked lol. Supposed to be part of the "healthy living campaign"

I don't own the house but I do put 100$ of every paycheck towards bills, its a 2 story, 4 bedroom and attached garage on 2 acres. We live right next to the bills stadium so idk that might factor in to our prop tax being like 10k a year

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Westie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
Bay Area CA USA
I pay $5k/yr. for 3600 sq. ft. on 1- 1/2 acre lot in sf bay area. I got it lowered $500. by having my home appraised and devalued $100k but shot myself in the foot because somehow my insurance co. found out and dropped me claiming the value to replace my home is more than the value of my home? Go figure.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
This is why I left the NJ/NY area. I am in upstate NY now and taxes are about 2,200 per year. Same size house in Rockland county jumped in one year from 7k to 14k taxes doubled in 1 year. How government can justify that still angers me. The bank I worked at offered loans to help soften the blow.

Remember this when you vote for those offering "Free" xyz services.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
2300sq/ft colonial on 1.3 acre lot; shy of $8k.

Services: street snow removal; access to transfer station (trash disposal); right to bear arms to the gills

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This is why I left the NJ/NY area. I am in upstate NY now and taxes are about 2,200 per year. Same size house in Rockland county jumped in one year from 7k to 14k taxes doubled in 1 year. How government can justify that still angers me. The bank I worked at offered loans to help soften the blow.
It's like the crooks downtown are penalizing because you can afford to live in a particular area...pretty much ripping you off...Imagine that...having to secure another bank loan to cover your property taxes.

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
yup, all you need to do is lose 75% of your homes value.
ahhh, so it's that easy?!?!

I wanted to appeal my tax rate here in south Jersey but you have to prove that your home's assessed value is off by MORE than 10% which is extremely difficult to do in this area.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store