sharing my arapaima

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
He settled in OK mate ? Feeding etc ? I bet you can't wait to get him in the pond ;):D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
He settled in OK mate ? Feeding etc ? I bet you can't wait to get him in the pond ;):D

yes mate he did settle in well but he is a little bit jumpy and he started to eat hikari food sticks. But my biggest problem is the pond. It is full of algae green water. I added a powerfilter with a bio filter but it was no use it still is not clear is adding the arapaima to the pond alright?
plus evz i have to ask you one more thing would it be better if i sell my arapaima and buy a rtg arowana there is a small one around 7 inches for $275

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
If it was me mate I'd swap it purely because of the size the paima gets , you've got to think about the future , think about the size of pond your gona need eventually to house it plus food bill etc , an Asian will be much easier to keep all round , plus if you needed to for whatever reason much easier to sell in future (not many can house full grown arapaima ;))
As for your pond turning green you can either try and find some of this or something similar uploadfromtaptalk1404556981994.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404556989979.jpg
Works a treat if my tanks turn green , it used to happen a lot at my old house because the sun light caught the tank through the window at certain times of day , or alternatively you could use a big pond UV hook it up to your pump but they don't come cheap , I've borrowed them for few weeks in past from LFS

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
If it was me mate I'd swap it purely because of the size the paima gets , you've got to think about the future , think about the size of pond your gona need eventually to house it plus food bill etc , an Asian will be much easier to keep all round , plus if you needed to for whatever reason much easier to sell in future (not many can house full grown arapaima ;))
As for your pond turning green you can either try and find some of this or something similar View attachment 1023741View attachment 1023742
Works a treat if my tanks turn green , it used to happen a lot at my old house because the sun light caught the tank through the window at certain times of day , or alternatively you could use a big pond UV hook it up to your pump but they don't come cheap , I've borrowed them for few weeks in past from LFS

+1. product is epic!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
As for your pond turning green you can either try and find some of this or something similar View attachment 1023741View attachment 1023742

thanks bro ill try that :) i decided to get a asian arowana cause they look nice. i will grow the pima a bit in my current pond and sell him for a good price luckily for me a friend of mine has a xtra large pond in his backyard with an arapaima so i will give my pima to him when he get 18 inches for a fair price.
also he's pond is fairly big as it is 22 x 18 x 4 so i think selling my pima to him is the best option

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
That is a decent size pond , how big is his Pima ATM ?
Asians are stunning fish I'd love to own one and will do eventually ;)

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?

hes one is 3ft + i was thinking of either getting a rtg or super red

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?

the only way i can get a asian is by selling my fish including my arapaima:)
you can do the same thing but it is a risk :confused:

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
There's a few for sale local to me ranging from £450 to £750 on local ads I just can't afford one , I can't justify spending that much on a new fish when my kids need a holiday abroad and were saving for a new house :( im not selling all my other fish yet to many growout projects on the go ;):) but I will get one eventually when my lifes sorted out lol :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store