sharing my arapaima

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
What a nice arapaima there.. I hope someday i can get it too.. Cause its not affordable right now lol..
Oh yeah, i never saw a juvenile arapaima in my LFS..

Sent from my SM-T311 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
thanks bro they are pretty rare cause only a little majority buy these fish hopefully you will get one soon:)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
no i meant ones below 8 inches die sometimes

Small arapaima die because they are taken from the parents too soon. I never suggest anything under about 10-12 inches long to start with. Young depend on 'milk' secreted from glands in the parents head in order to properly develop (similar to discus fry).

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Small arapaima die because they are taken from the parents too soon. I never suggest anything under about 10-12 inches long to start with. Young depend on 'milk' secreted from glands in the parents head in order to properly develop (similar to discus fry).
now iam glad my arapaima is 12 inches

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Very nice arapaima. My lfs gets them every now and then and they are always gone the next day. I assume they die from all the stress because the ones they sell are only about 4-6" long. Sometimes they get bigger ones but like you said, the little ones never did too well.
Young depend on 'milk' secreted from glands in the parents head in order to properly develop (similar to discus fry).
Cool!

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Very nice arapaima. My lfs gets them every now and then and they are always gone the next day. I assume they die from all the stress because the ones they sell are only about 4-6" long. Sometimes they get bigger ones but like you said, the little ones never did too well.
Cool!
thanks bro like zoo diver said small arapaima dont do well without thier parents

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store